Kew Gardens: the official app
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover what’s in bloom at Kew today, find spectacular glasshouses and uncover hidden gems. Whether you’re a regular visitor or on your first trip to Kew, our handy new app will help you explore more of Kew Gardens and dig deeper into our science and horticulture.
Kew Gardens: the official app features:
• Stunning photos of today’s highlights, plus their location – as picked by our plant experts and visitors.
• An interactive garden map – search for something in particular or browse what’s near you. Customise it to show just what you want to see.
• Detailed information about Kew’s garden attractions – from architecture and landscape design to planting and Kew’s conservation work.
• Cafe and restaurant opening times and menus.
And NEW in Version 2.0:
• A QR code scanner so you can scan codes on Kew’s new plant labels to reach detailed plant profiles, image galleries and videos.
• An augmented reality feature that reveals some of Kew’s top trees, and more information about them.
• Image galleries, tagged with each photos’ location so you can find its subject in the garden.
• Likes and comments so you can easily find info about your favourite Kew attractions again, and leave your thoughts and questions.
• Facebook and Twitter integration so you can share your visit with friends.
With this app you’ll never miss your favourite spring blossoms and bulbs, summer blooms or autumn colour again. Want fun stuff for kids? Not a problem... we’ve got plenty of play spaces and kid’s missions to complete. Come to relax and get wonderfully lost in nature? That’s fine too... we’ll find you calming views and quiet spots.
** Please note: this app is best enjoyed on a visit to Kew Gardens, London. **
What's New in Version 2.5
Minor bug fixes and content updates
I was able to download the app in the coffeee shop using the wi-fi which was a good start. I used the map section the most. The pictures housed in the app are stunning. Room to add some trails or walks for future additions please so people could follow them.
A little useful but don't rely on "what to see today" the pictures are very out of date & the position on the map can be quite wrong
Tried installing several times on iPhone 4 and each time it crashes immediately upon opening. Disappointing.