Easily create gorgeous presentations with Keynote, featuring powerful yet easy-to-use tools and dazzling effects that will make you a very hard act to follow.
The Theme Chooser lets you skim through an impressive collection of 30 new and updated Apple-designed themes. Once you’ve chosen the perfect canvas for your presentation, simply replace the placeholder text and graphics with your own words and images. Easy-to-use tools let you add tables, charts, shapes, photos and videos to slides — and bring it all to life with cinematic animations and transitions that look as though they were created by your own special effects team. Use Keynote Live to present a slideshow that viewers can follow from their Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from iCloud.com.
With iCloud built in, your presentations are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC using Keynote for iCloud.
With Keynote, you have all the tools you need to make an amazing presentation quickly and easily.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a presentation at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Keynote on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Keynote for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• Easily see who’s currently in the presentation with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on presentations stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from 30 Apple-designed themes to give your presentations a beautiful start
• Use the slide navigator to quickly skim through your presentation, add new slides and reorder slides
• Engage your audience with interactive charts and chart animations
• See live on-canvas previews as you animate your slides
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes and images look beautiful
• Enhance your presentations with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Quickly open password-protected presentations using Touch ID on supported Macs
Easy-to-use graphics tools
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers and alignment guides
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts and sharing options
• Use doughnut charts to visualise data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Use Instant Alpha to easily remove image backgrounds
• Free-form curves, shapes and masks
• Connection lines
• Beautiful cinematic slide transitions for easily creating stunning presentations
• Magic Move effect to effortlessly animate and morph graphics
• Gorgeous slide transitions including Clothesline, Object Cube, Object Flip and Object Pop
• Impressive text and object animations including Trace, Vanish, Crumble, and Fade and Scale
• Emphasis builds let you add impact with one click
Present to your audience
• Customisable presenter display with support for up to six displays
• Recorded narration
• Keynote Live lets you present a slideshow that viewers can follow from their Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and from iCloud.com
• Create self-running, interactive shows for kiosks and displays
• Control your slideshow from iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch or iPod touch with Keynote for iOS
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your presentations from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Use Keynote for iCloud to access and edit your presentations from a Mac or PC browser
Share a copy of your work
• Export presentations to Microsoft PowerPoint, PDF, QuickTime, HTML and image files
• Export your presentation as a movie or images
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I have used this application every day for the past 5 years to do a variety of things. Not only is this software good for presntations but that is just touching the surface of what keynote is capable of. I use this software for practically all drawing and visual designing I do, not once have I needed to install expensive profesinal software for these things. I have also sucessfully used it for tehnical drawings and been able to actually physically cut designs made on keynote using CAM equipment. The software is also great with animation. On its own iMovie is a limited video editor, however pairing it with kenynote allows many of features previously not included on iMove to be used. Combining these 2 apps has suited all of myvideo editing needs. Its overall simple non bloated intuitive interface has allowed me to make anything I wanted from form one application. How excellent.
Keynote >> PowerPoint
Keeps getting better for design work.
Keynote is my presentation software of choice. The themes are superior – clean and refined. I use it extensively to produce presentations for my classes, various digital artwork, Tinycards and animations.
In addition I find Keynote to be a great tool for developing great looking posters and leaflets with relative ease.
I gave my first Keynote Live presentation today, my students appreciated the ability to view the slides up close on their own monitors. And the Keynote Remote app functionality over Multipeer Connectivity framework makes remote presentation super easy.
Lately I have not been impressed by Apple's trajectory even to the point of considering not buying another Mac. Keynote is a significant incentive for me to stick with Apple!
Some new, good-looking, themes. Interactive charts on keynote are fantastic, animate each transition – simply excellent. Animation Inspector is a big improvement. Choose between straightforward slide sizes (4:3 or 16:9) or customise the size by specifying dimensions in pixels. Animations occur in the browser – haven’t got them to work in IE or Chrome though. Hopefully Apple will roll out a way to embed Keynotes in websites soon.
These are in addition to general iWork enhancements: integrated - contextual - Inspector, iCloud sharing and pinch to zoom to name the best.
I prefer Keynote to PowerPoint
I never understand why anyone would use anything else for presentations if they have Keynote available. It's so much easier to use and can achieve such great things with only a couple of obvious clicks when PowerPoint needs a head-scratching dozen. I'm not knocking the alternatives, but I could never create the video animations and shows that I do, if I didn't have Keynote!
- Apple Distribution International
- 525.8 MB
macOS 10.13 or later
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2003-2019 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.