Kick It Out
By Make Positive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Kick It Out app
Kick It Out, football’s equality and inclusion campaign, has launched a FREE mobile application.
The ‘Kick It Out' app, developed by Make Positive, a specialist cloud technology firm, and funded by the Salesforce.com Foundation, a trusted leader in cloud computing and customer relationship management, is the first-of-its-kind.
Backed by the Premier League and Football League, The Football Association (FA), and the Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA), the app provides news updates on the campaign’s latest projects, but its most prominent feature is the ‘Report It!’ function which empowers people at all levels of the game to report incidents of discrimination.
The concept of the app came in response to findings from Kick It Out’s ‘Tackling Discrimination’ fans’ consultation, the largest ever survey of football supporters on their views of abuse and discrimination in the modern game.
Here are some of the key findings produced by the consultation which saw more than 7,500 fans take part:
- 53% don't know how to report abusive or discriminatory behaviour
- 88% feel supporters are responsible for self-regulating behaviour at grounds
- 63% think they'd be singling themselves out as a target if they filed a complaint
- 44% feel it’s too much hassle to report an incident
In light of these statistics, Kick It Out has developed the 'Report It!' function to provide a quick, straight-forward and discreet way of reporting incidents of discrimination. Whether you are a fan or coach, player or administrator, referee or physio, groundsman or steward, if you see, hear or are the victim of abuse, the app’s reporting facility allows you to file complaints confidentially and anonymously.
“The majority of football fans have told us loud and clear they want zero tolerance of discrimination at all levels of the game,” said Kick It Out chair Lord Herman Ouseley. “Over the past 20 years Kick It Out has stayed at the forefront of tackling discrimination with innovative campaigns and new technologies. This new tool will help clubs and the authorities target instances of discriminatory behaviour more consistently while maintaining healthy and vocal rivalries at games."
The app will act as an alternative method of reporting, supplementing the current platforms clubs have in place, such as text reporting lines, anti-racism hotline numbers and email reporting services.
Here’s some further information regarding the Kick It Out app’s ‘Report It!’ function:
- The app works both online and offline depending on the availability of a mobile phone signal
- If submitting an incident report from a Premier League or Football League ground, the user is able to select the exact stadium they are located at from a drop-down menu facility
- If submitting an incident report during a match at non-league or grassroots level, there is a ‘Non League/Grassroots’ button which can be selected from the ‘Where did it happen?’ field - once submitted, this will be sent to the appropriate body to investigate
- Wherever an incident is reported, once Kick It Out receives the complaint, it will be raised with the clubs involved and governing body, and monitored from that point onwards
Kick It Out values the thoughts of all its supporters and is eager to hear what types of improvements could be made to provide a better user experience.
Therefore, the app contains a feedback button which allows you to send your recommendations for enhancing the product directly to the campaign. As and when adaptations are made, updated versions of the app will be released.
Please take time to find out more about Kick It Out and its work, and if you encounter an incident of discrimination, 'Report It!'.
The app was designed by Sherry Design Studios, an international visual communication and brand development consultancy.
Easy to use and straightforward, hope to see it make a real difference to people's behaviour.
As for those nay-sayers, some of whom this app is designed to tackle, I think your comments reveal a lot about your personal views.
Now, if only I could also use this to order a pie at half time...
This app is fantastic. It works really well and allows football fans to report discrimination they see or receive at matches. Great work by Kick It Out
Brilliant App. Easy to navigate & very user-friendly.
- Category: Sports
- Released: 09 April 2013
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 7.2 MB
- Languages: English, German, Northern Sami, Spanish
- Developer: Make Positive Limited
- © Kick It Out 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.