"A brilliantly well put-together labour of love, Kid Tripp will have you gnashing your teeth & screaming with joy." – PocketGamer 9/10
"If you're looking for a lighthearted, challenging afternoon of fun, look no further than Kid Tripp. It not only offers up a charming world that feels familiar, yet different, but it also puts your platforming skills to the test with pixel-perfect touch controls." – Destructoid 8/10
"Quite simply, this is the finest platforming experience you can buy now on iOS" - Save/Continue 9/10
"Tough as nails, but tight as a drum, Kid Tripp brings the thrills of old-skool platforming to the auto-runner genre." - AppSpy 4/5
"If you’re a fan of old-school platformers, and love a challenge, then I highly recommend that you pick this up." – AppAdvice 5/5
"If you're up to the challenge, Kid Tripp is a sometimes brutally hard, yet incredibly rewarding little platform runner." – TouchArcade 4/5
"Those who love speed running in other games and mastering perfect runs should absolutely delight in Kid Tripp." – Gamezebo 4/5
"The level design and soundtrack make you feel like you’re playing something on your old NES. Kid Tripp is right up there with some of the other great retro titles out there like Meganoid and Mikey Shorts." – Arcade Sushi 8/10
Run and jump your way through 20 levels of intense platforming madness in this tough-as-nails platformer! Have you got what it takes to help Kid Tripp escape?
• Super challenging, fast paced platforming action.
• Elegant controls: tap on the left to jump, tap on the right to throw a rock, and hold down on the right to sprint.
• Silky smooth 60 frames per second.
• Twenty levels, four awesome worlds.
• Old school soundtrack from Chris Kukla.
• Game Center leaderboards and achievements.
View the trailer now at kidtripp.com!
Follow @KidTrippGame on Twitter!
• Now displays the game in widescreen on iPhone 5 and in fullscreen on iPad!
• New tutorial screens briefly explain the game's controls.
• Credits can now be skipped after the game's been completed at least once.
• New option to flip/invert the control scheme.
• You can now share your endgame stats on Twitter!
• Other small bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice retro-style graphics and music, and a very tough game that calls you on to one more try.
All you do is jump or throw rocks to kill enemies. The game always has you running right. People mention Mario. This game reminds me most of Wonder Boy on Master System - imagine you're Wonder Boy on a skateboard where the game scrolls automatically and you throw your little axes. Even the music is very sega-inspired.
Worth a punt definitely. It gets very tricky, especially if you want to perfect very level, but the game compels you to keep trying.
Good but missing features
Great graphics. nice gameplay and idea. Bad controls. No proper tutorial. Sprint and throw same button!? Need to get all coins for next level... Why? Should let you get to next level if over X coins. Gets frustrating with the controls and which often gets you killed. Little update to sort these and it'll be a 5 star :)
Gorgeous to look at and play
Saw a review on App Spy and bought it straight after.
Tap the left of the screen to jump and the right of the screen to shoot and run(just like in the Mario games).
The graphics and music are lovely and there's lots of variety. It's addictive and replaying when you die is quick and encourages that just-one-more-go feeling.
You don't need all the coins to progress(I rarely get all coins on a stage!).
Give it a go. You'll be glad you did.
- Michael Burns
- 8.3 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2013 Michael Burns
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.