Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 3,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 750,000 Kindle exclusive titles. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices. Choose from a wide selection of books, newspapers, and magazines from The Economist to The Week.
Build your own library
• Choose from popular fiction to classics such as Pride and Prejudice and Treasure Island
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Share your books across your household with Family Library
• Get popular magazines, newspapers, children's books and cookbooks with high-resolution colour images
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background colour, line spacing and margin size
• Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colours, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Enjoy unlimited access to over 800,000 titles and thousands of audiobooks with Kindle Unlimited eBook Subscription
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
• Switch seamlessly between reading your Kindle book and listening to its audio companion with Whispersync for Voice
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 4.9.1
• fixed a problem preventing some users from downloading books
• fixed a problem with the incorrect article date appearing in periodicals
At Amazon, we've been hard at work to make reading on Kindle even better and more enjoyable. Several exciting improvements offer faster reading with less eye strain. Available today on hundreds of thousands of books, and coming soon to all Kindle books.
Faster Reading, Less Eye Strain
Hyphenation plus smoother word spacing result in faster reading with less eye strain. Improved character placement increases word recognition speed at any font size.
Beautiful Page Layout
Drop caps, text, and images that automatically adapt to always look great no matter what your screen or font size. Print-like layout dynamically adjusts for any combination of screen size and font setting.
Large Fonts, Without Compromises
Enjoy reading with larger font sizes without compromising your reading experience. Page layout and margins automatically adapt to look great with even the largest font sizes.
Bookerly - The Font for Readers
Bookerly is a new Kindle exclusive font designed for reading on digital screens. Warm and contemporary, Bookerly is inspired by the artistry of the best fonts in modern print books but is hand-crafted for optimal readability at any screen size. Bookerly is available on most Kindle books.
Kindle now makes it more convenient for listeners to start or pause audiobooks with playback controls in the Library.
article list view on ipad dismal
Look, mostly iPad Kindle is a good app. I've been holding off criticising the Article List view (I'm reading the Kindle edition of the Guardian as I type this) because it's so obviously broken I keep on assuming it's going to be fixed imminently. But it's been months. The latest Kindle ads waffle about beautiful typography, but this view doesn't even get the basics right. Images crash into the sections below, outside their bounding boxes and obliterating the text underneath. Article text doesn't wrap so each article presents one long line then acres of white space before the next article. It's a dismal mess, unprofessional and barely functional, and it's been like this for 6 months or more. Fix it!
As much as I love the fact that I can access my books anytime any where I absolutely hate the fact that I can't buy new ones that I can only download a sample this problem needs to be sorted asap it's such a mess about trying to access the main website on my phone to purchase any books but other than that one factor I love this app when I can't use my kindle .
This app is brilliant for anyone anywhere. What I really like about this app is that it has good quality and simple instruction. One last thing the prices are amazing they go cheaper instead of expensive
- Category: Books
- Updated: 10 June 2015
- Version: 4.9.1
- Size: 78.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.