By AMZN Mobile LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your eBooks with you, wherever you go. eBooks (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download eBooks directly in the app.
What you’ll get:
• Sample any eBook for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res colour images
• A customizable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page colour
• Discover and download Kindle Unlimited eBooks and magazines
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to local library eBooks
What's New in Version 5.15.2
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Kindle on my iPad
Most of my reading is done in bed, late at night. I read on my iPad with sepia background and grey text. Because I can increase the text size, I read without glasses. Something I cannot do with a book.
In the summer I read in the garden with a Paperwhite Kindle and it is perfect as it needs no backlight.
Not good enough for professional titles or textbooks
In the IOS version of Kindle, the table of contents is expanded by default. In case of textbooks this can be several 100 pages. It is incredibly unpractical and way inferior to the PC version if one wants to find information quickly.
Intermittent freezing whist scrolling through pages and a malfunctioning search function are making the aforementioned problem worse. The search function randomly just stops giving any results, and the only way to get it working again is to remove the app from memory and restart the ipad.
I have notified the developers, but they do not seem to care about the bugs. Apple should insist a developer maintains their apps to the same standard as on the other platforms.
Cannot recommend Kindle for textbooks or large manuals.
I love my Kindle device and the app just makes it even better. I love to be able to read my book from any device at anytime. A quick sync and off you go. Never have to remember to take a bulky book anymore as I always have my phone.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 23 October 2017
- Version: 5.15.2
- Size: 172 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2017 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.