Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 3,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 750,000 Kindle exclusive titles. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices. Choose from a wide selection of books, newspapers, and magazines from The Economist to The Week.
Build your own library
• Choose from popular fiction to classics such as Pride and Prejudice and Treasure Island
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Share your books across your household with Family Library
• Get popular magazines, newspapers, children's books and cookbooks with high-resolution colour images
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background colour, line spacing and margin size
• Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colours, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Enjoy unlimited access to over 800,000 titles and thousands of audiobooks with Kindle Unlimited eBook Subscription
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
• Switch seamlessly between reading your Kindle book and listening to its audio companion with Whispersync for Voice
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 4.19.1
Performance and stability improvements
I love the kindle app, it does what it is supposed to do and has enough optional variations to accommodate most people's preferences when reading.
No is isn't the same as reading a paper book but it is much more readily available when you are on the move. I currently have approximately 100 books available for me to read at any time I have my iPhone or iPad with me.
It is not a perfect app and occasionally it can be a little unresponsive or over sensitive. However I would put this down to the phone as much as I would the app.
The only thing I would suggest to Amazon/the development team, would be that they give the option to arrange by author and book series, so that books from the same series of books will be together rather than them being alphabetical.
Great way to carry your books
I have an obsession, I know and used to carry my phone and a kindle, but me I have a better phone (iPhone 6s L) with the app, I no longer need to carry both.
If anything, my only gripe is that on my kindle when in collection view I know what isn't in a collection hasn't been read yet, but with the app I can't see what isn't in a collection without going to all books view. Like I said, small gripe
The beauty of the Kindle is that when going away, instead of taking a pile of books with you everything you need to read is on your Kindle. Downloading a book takes a minute or so, and the choice of reading is vast. Would not be without it, light to hold and easy to read in sunlight. No effort in turning pages. So easy making print larger. Something you can not do with a paperback.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 05 April 2016
- Version: 4.19.1
- Size: 86.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2016 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.