By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Kindle app is optimised for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, giving users the ability to read Kindle books, newspapers, magazines and PDFs on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up your book where you left off on another device.
Get the best reading experience available on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch:
• Enjoy popular magazines and newspapers, such as The Economist, The Spectator, The Guardian and The Daily Mail, with high-resolution colour images.
• E-mail PDFs & other documents to your new Send-to-Kindle e-mail address and we deliver them to your device. The documents are archived automatically in the Amazon Cloud and available for re-downloading on your iOS devices. You can also read PDFs from Mail, Safari, or by transferring them from iTunes.
• Customise your reading experience by choosing the margin size, background colour, font size, and either portrait or landscape format.
• Instant dictionary word lookup. Press and hold a word to view the definition. Use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Search inside the book to find a character, topic or section you want to revisit.
• Simply tap on either side of the screen or swipe to turn pages.
• Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired customers to navigate their Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more. Enable VoiceOver in your device settings to begin.
What's New in Version 4.7.5
Stability and Performance Improvements
The app is prettier than the Kindle device itself.
I received a Kindle last Christmas and I was thrilled. For the last 10-12 years I have been using the app on my iPads ( I have 5), on my windows computer and MacBook.
I was quite shocked that due to the colour screen of the computers, the covers made the collection of books so much more beautiful. Reading does not make a difference as the text is just black. The internet promised us the freedom of the digital world. Profit however has put us into back into a digital world with digital boundaries.
Lucky US users will never feel this discrimination.
Library in your pocket
The app provides the user with a gateway enabling them to take their library with them. I enjoy exploring and collecting books to suit my mood, as I read several at once. The app has a elegant interface in that it is easy to understand and quick to use. I suggest being able to analyse the collection into books and samples would help. Thanks very much to the programmers and app designers.
I love the app more than my actual kindle
I use the app on my iPhone and on my iPad, I couldn't live without it! Being able to access all of my books whenever I want without using up a ton of space in my house...who could ask for better?
Best app out there, I've never experienced one glitch, so easy to use, very self explanatory. I've recommended it to so many people, all of which love the app as much as I do!
- Category: Books
- Updated: 16 March 2015
- Version: 4.7.5
- Size: 75.4 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.