Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 3,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 750,000 Kindle exclusive titles. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices. Choose from a wide selection of books, newspapers, and magazines from The Economist to The Week.
Build your own library
• Choose from popular fiction to classics such as Pride and Prejudice and Treasure Island
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Share your books across your household with Family Library
• Get popular magazines, newspapers, children's books and cookbooks with high-resolution colour images
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background colour, line spacing and margin size
• Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colours, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Enjoy unlimited access to over 800,000 titles and thousands of audiobooks with Kindle Unlimited eBook Subscription
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
• Switch seamlessly between reading your Kindle book and listening to its audio companion with Whispersync for Voice
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 4.12.1
Fixed a bug preventing some users from rotating books on iPads.
Bug fixes and stability improvements.
As an avid reader and lover of 'real' books, I vowed that I would not succumb to the e book syndrome. However, after trying out a friend's Kindle, I decided to give it a try. I travel quite a bit and the convenience of having my favourite books stored on a single lightweight device won me over. I like the "Try a sample" feature which allows me to avoid making inappropriate purchases. I still love 'real' books and will never abandon them, but I realise now that there's room for both in my life!
I absolutely love books, the format doesn't matter. I do prefer reading most of my books on my actual Kindle, AKA 'my library in my handbag', as it is more relaxing on the eyes, but when it comes to children's books with colour pictures, or reference books with photographs you really can't beat the Kindle App on your ipad or iphone. The colours are vibrant, and you can carry a complete reference library everywhere you go. So convenient!
Good app, better if you could buy books through it
This is a good reading app and a great substitute for when I leave my kindle at home. My only problem with it is the fact you can't buy kindle books via the app you can only download books from amazons new book subscription. It would be nice to be able to buy books through the app and be able to buy a book when you get to the end of the sample rather to come out of the app, go on amazons website, search for the book and then purchase it.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 26 October 2015
- Version: 4.12.1
- Size: 91.2 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.