By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Kindle app is optimised for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, giving users the ability to read Kindle books, newspapers, magazines and PDFs on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up your book where you left off on another device.
Get the best reading experience available on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch:
• Enjoy popular magazines and newspapers, such as The Economist, The Spectator, The Guardian and The Daily Mail, with high-resolution colour images.
• E-mail PDFs & other documents to your new Send-to-Kindle e-mail address and we deliver them to your device. The documents are archived automatically in the Amazon Cloud and available for re-downloading on your iOS devices. You can also read PDFs from Mail, Safari, or by transferring them from iTunes.
• Customise your reading experience by choosing the margin size, background colour, font size, and either portrait or landscape format.
• Instant dictionary word lookup. Press and hold a word to view the definition. Use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Search inside the book to find a character, topic or section you want to revisit.
• Simply tap on either side of the screen or swipe to turn pages.
• Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired customers to navigate their Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more. Enable VoiceOver in your device settings to begin.
What's New in Version 4.7.1
Stability and Performance Improvements
Love my Kindle
I have used a kindle for the last 4-5 years and would not be without it! As an avid reader, I love the ease in which new books are downloaded and can be shared on different devices. I am currently using the Kindle app on my iPad Air but will go back to using my usual kindle when I go on holiday because of the ease of reading in the sun! What's not to love?
Love my Kindle app.
It is a brilliant way to buy books for my Kindle which I absolutely love. I suffer from Macular Degeneration and reading books was becoming nigh on impossible. My Kindle app allows me to read my books whether on Kindle or on my iPad and has made reading so much of a pleasure again.
Great app. Shame about lack of in-app purchasing.
After previously used a Kindle Fire HD, I find the iPad App even better for managing content and reading, although the iPad does need a non-reflective screen cover. One drawback is that it doesn't support In App purchasing which is inconvenient. You have to do that in a browser at amazons web site.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 16 February 2015
- Version: 4.7.1
- Size: 48.7 MB
- Languages: Chinese, Dutch, En, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.