By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The Kindle app gives users the ability to read Kindle books on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000* books in the Kindle Store, including best sellers and new releases. Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs your most recent page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices (including Kindle), so you can pick up where you left off on another device.
Get the best reading experience available on your Mac:
• Shop the Kindle Store for over 1,000,000* Kindle books, including New Releases. Over 610,000* of these books are $9.99 or less, including many of the New York Times Best Sellers.
• Start reading immediately with three free books: Pride and Prejudice, Treasure Island, and Aesop’s Fables. Thousands more free classics are available in the Kindle Store.
• Get free book samples – read the first chapter free before you decide to buy.
• Customize your reading experience by choosing the background color and font size.
• Instant dictionary word lookup with 250,000 entries and definitions. Select a word to view the definition. Use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Search inside the book to find a character, topic, or section you want to revisit.
• Simply click on either side of the screen or press the arrow keys to turn pages.
• You can also read your Kindle books on your Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Kindle 3G, Kindle DX, Amazon Fire Phone, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone, iPad, PC, Android-based device, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone 7-based device. Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
* Selection and price of books in the Kindle Store may vary by country.
What's New in Version 1.12.4
Kindle for Mac 1.12.4: This update includes stability improvements and bug fixes.
I cant zoom-in on diagrams and get a closer perspective or view of them. Zoom in/out are possible with the mobile versions so why not this one? It is a reader afterall and mac support multi-finger touch so why isnt there any zoom available? Sort it out so i can use the mac kindle more often.
For most books this works ok but as previously stated the functionality is limited to 1 page presentation. Worse is that some books are stated as “not compatible with this device” AND they are poorly visualised on the IOS Kindle app. By comparison the iBooks app has much better functionality and a cleaner interface.
No Longer Works
Crashes without launching on my Mac, OSX 10.6.8.. can't update the OS as I own an older Mac which struggles with newer OSX versions.
Sort this out.