King of Dragon Pass
By A Sharp, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create your own epic saga of conflict, mythology, and community! This acclaimed game of magical storytelling blends interactive stories and resource management. It’s set in Glorantha (the world of the games HeroQuest, RuneQuest, and soon 13th Age).
It’s immensely replayable, thanks to over 575 interactive scenes and two objectives. Short episodes and automatic saving mean you can play even when you only have a minute or two. The built-in saga writes down the story for you. And advisors with distinctive personalities help you track your cows.
The gorgeous hand-painted artwork won Best Visual Arts at the second Independent Games Festival.
• Everything in the game is utterly convincing and even years after release, the possibilities seem endless. (One of the 5 best strategy games ever made) [Rock, Paper, Shotgun]
• It's like they took the best parts of Civilization games and combined them with the best part of Choose Your Own Adventure style game books. … What I like most about King of Dragon Pass is the seemingly infinite possibilities that the game has. … I can't get enough of King of Dragon Pass. [Touch Arcade]
• A wholly unique adventure that has no equal on the iPhone. [Pocket Gamer]
• An interactive story with a level of complexity and brilliance that's rarely seen in video games. [Gamezebo]
• I am really happy to have found this game. It scratches so many itches: simulator, rpg, adventure book...Great work! I find myself playing it on both my iPad and iPhone. Very addictive!
• I got this game at 6pm tonight. It's now 4am, and I've hardly scratched the surface of the depth of this game.
• I now have a fun, engaging, thought provoking RPG on my iPhone, an RPG that fits in my purse and that I can play any time I want, not having to have my computer or Xbox 360 near me to do so.
• If Bioware remade Civilization they'd be lucky to end up half as good as King of Dragon Pass.
• It's impossible to describe the emotional tug you feel when an old and trusted advisor, who you've watched grow from a young upstart, dies of old age. Or when an exploration team disappears into the wilds, never to be heard from again. Or when a cursed clansman, shunned by his peers, sacrifices himself to stop a raid. This game will never leave my iPhone. That's the only accolade possible.
The game is completely accessible via VoiceOver.
By the way, we are working on another storytelling game, “Six Ages.”
What's New in Version 2.3.1
Fixed image size on iPad on iOS 8
(Version 2.3 added 15 new scenes and new illustrations)
If you're not into civ builders, or awesome settings, or decade long feuds against ducks, this probably isn't a game for you. If you are in any way a fan of plot, strategy, or running at enemies with a large sword, this game is perfect. A very well made civ builder, you start with a small clan, and trade, diplomacise, and kill your way to forming a tribe and ultimately becoming a King. The sheer depth of the game is staggering, and every action can come back to haunt you, reward you, make you an enemy of every clan whose maps suddenly don't make sense, or even leave you with dinosaurs ploughing your fields. I heartily recommend this game - you won't win first time, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.
I am writing this since even after reading the reviews I wasn't sure and it is a lot of money for an IOS game. It's amazing, if you like stratagem games get it. Honestly I downloaded it last night at 2AM didn't sleep until 6 AM. So many different scenarios and the graphics are amazing. 10/10
10/10 Would have be defeated against ducks again
But seriously though, this is one of the best games on IOS currently. Apart from a glitch where a guy in my ring is apparently constantly dying but it says he's still alive, it's perfect
- Category: Games
- Updated: 27 September 2014
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 325 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: A Sharp, LLC
- © 2011-2014 A Sharp, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.