King of Dragon Pass
By A Sharp, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create your own epic saga of conflict, mythology, and community! This acclaimed game of magical storytelling blends interactive stories and resource management. It’s set in Glorantha (the world of the games HeroQuest and RuneQuest).
It’s immensely replayable, thanks to over 560 interactive scenes and two objectives. Short episodes and automatic saving mean you can play even when you only have a minute or two. The built-in saga writes down the story for you. And advisors with distinctive personalities help you track your cows.
The gorgeous hand-painted artwork won Best Visual Arts at the second annual Independent Games Festival.
• It's like they took the best parts of Civilization games and combined them with the best part of Choose Your Own Adventure style game books. … What I like most about King of Dragon Pass is the seemingly infinite possibilities that the game has. … I can't get enough of King of Dragon Pass. [Touch Arcade]
• A wholly unique adventure that has no equal on the iPhone. [Pocket Gamer]
• An interactive story with a level of complexity and brilliance that's rarely seen in video games. [Gamezebo]
• I am really happy to have found this game. It scratches so many itches: simulator, rpg, adventure book...Great work! I find myself playing it on both my iPad and iPhone. Very addictive!
• I got this game at 6pm tonight. It's now 4am, and I've hardly scratched the surface of the depth of this game.
• I now have a fun, engaging, thought provoking RPG on my iPhone, an RPG that fits in my purse and that I can play any time I want, not having to have my computer or Xbox 360 near me to do so.
• If Bioware remade Civilization they'd be lucky to end up half as good as King of Dragon Pass.
• It's impossible to describe the emotional tug you feel when an old and trusted advisor, who you've watched grow from a young upstart, dies of old age. Or when an exploration team disappears into the wilds, never to be heard from again. Or when a cursed clansman, shunned by his peers, sacrifices himself to stop a raid. This game will never leave my iPhone. That's the only accolade possible.
What's New in Version 2.2.2
• Tutorial can be quit or restarted, and is tracked via iCloud
• Improved VoiceOver compatibility (and pronunciation)
• Heroquest sound effect
• Fixed minor bugs in scenes
Enthralling game, and its no coincidence its on many lists of 'best strategy games ever'. Take the time to learn how to play and it just keeps giving
A few more features in the interface would be awesome..
I'd love to see a new ledger screen which shows a graph (or even table) of your cattle and other key stats from past turns. Sacred time shows you how your clan changed in past year, but how has decreasing my cropland a few years ago affected population? Right now there's no way to answer those questions.
The farming screen could be made a little less cryptic too. Its not always clear how many farmers you actually have, and how many you need (you can consult your advisors who will sometimes tell you, but it makes for hard reading)
Great game, very deep
It's an amazing game, gets a quick few runs through to get the hang of it but very enjoyable.
Developers: would like it to be more user friendly, For instance, having access to the handbook at all times and the opportunity to 'back' up when selecting options during events.
Interesting management/story game with decision based play, great for when you want to play something that's engaging but that doesn't need your full attention. Well polished story, nice old school artwork and music that doesn't get too annoying.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 10 October 2013
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 315 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: A Sharp, LLC
- © 2011-2013 A Sharp, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.