Kipos: virtual pet simulator
By David da Silva Contin
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
By David da Silva Contín
Kipos is part of my research project 'Create an App and submit it to the App Store'. I really appreciate any review, comment, suggerence, as they are very important for the research. You can send them to my email above.
Kipos is going to be a great multiplayer game, but it's still being developed.
The whole idea I've had for Kipos isn't done; there's much more to come for Kipos! I expect a great future for it!
Updates soon including:
- Bug fixing.
- More objects.
- New creatures
- BIG surprise! :D
Special thanks to:
My family, Christopher Wood, Rafa Barrachina, Filipo Vicarelli.
What's New in Version 1.4.6
This version fixes the most important bugs that have been reported so far. Be sure to check the 'Help' page before submitting a bug report. Thanks for the AMAZING reviews you are leaving, you are the best. :'D
Fixes in 1.4.6:
- Sleep fix: if you close the app, your creatures continue sleeping.
- FoodBowl fix: they should correctly show their info in the tooltip, and stop unassigning themselves.
- More hours of sun per day; it was getting dark too soon.
New features in 1.4.5:
- You can choose any color for your Kipos with the new Color Picker, even for your existing Kipos. And doing so doesn’t cost any coins.
- New Report Bug panel. Your save data is also sent to me. This will help me debugging bugs.
- A brand new Creature Info Panel. You are going to love it. :)
- You can now set your creatures to sleep during X hours.
- Fixed visual bug with Food Bowls’ collision box.
- Kipos needs’ adjustments and bug fixes. Their stats will not decrease so fast, but they will still interact as much, even if they don’t really need to satisfy a need.
- Fences are now untouchable, so objects near them are easier to select.
- Kipos have dream bubbles. You can send me drawings, and they might become Kipos’ dreams in future versions. :)
- You can listen to your own music while playing Kipos; your music will not stop playing when opening Kipos.
- Kipos Park: an online garden you can visit with one of your Kipos. You can chat and play minigames with other people connected to the garden.
- Food Bowls change their color to their assigned Kipo.
- Added a new ads system: Chartboost. Users who have the StarterPack won’t see the ads.
- Other bug fixes.
If you enjoy the game, please, consider supporting it via getting an StarterPack! :)
This game is quite good but here are a few negative points. There needs to be more stuff available to buy in the shop, plus different types of creatures. It would be better if the creatures would grow and the coins would increase while you are off the app. Also the game ran smoothly until I bought the starter pack, it has now started to freeze and lag. Otherwise it is a very cute game and I have enjoyed playing it, I love all my kipos :D please work on the requested improvements :)
UPDATE TO THIS REVIEW:
I am not at all happy with the starter pack, all it has allowed me to do is expand my garden and add more kipos. But the app has been running so slow since I got it that I can't even name them! It's definitely not my iPhone because it was running smoother than ever before I bought it. Fix it soon or i'll be complaining and wanting my money back. Sorry :/
Good design, sadly not much has happened...
Had this game for a while before, it was cute but quickly got bored of it and deleted it. Then I thought I'd check on progress and re-downloaded it but not much has changed.
Bought the starter pack a long time ago, to help the app develop but haven't seen much for it. Updates are few and far between which is sad as it could be a very good game. There isn't much to do, so you just kinda feed them and hope they don't run away while you sleep or go out for the day.
Needs a lot more dedicated work to be a 5 star game and needs a lot more content to be an "addictive" game.
Great potential !
I like the game and it's concept but I don't have enough info on if u can
Get other kipos or not
Because so far I can only get basic kipos.
The main thing u need to get done first is more kipos to collect and maybe an evolution feature wich would be great😃
- Category: Games
- Updated: 21 August 2013
- Version: 1.4.6
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Developer: David da Silva Contin
- © 2012 David da Silva Contín
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases