Koala is the ultimate pocket-sized sampler. Record anything with your phone's mic instantly. Use Koala to create beats with those samples, add effects and create a track!
Koala’s super intuitive interface helps you make a tracks in a flash, there is no brake pedal. You can also resample the output of the app back into the output, through the effects, so the sonic possibilities are endless.
Koala's design focuses totally on making the music making progress instant, keeping you in the flow and keeping it fun, not getting bogged down by pages of parameters and micro-editing.
* Record up to 64 different samples with your mic
* Transform your voice or any other sound with 8 superb built-in fx
* Resample the output of the app back into a new sample
* Export loops or entire tracks as professional quality WAV files
* Direct export to Ableton Live Set
* Copy/paste or merge sequences just by dragging them
* Create beats with the high-resolution sequencer
* Import samples using AudioShare or just open them in Koala
* Import samples with the Files app
* Keyboard mode lets you play chromatically or one of 9 scales
* Quantize, add swing to get the right feel
* Normal/One-shot/Reverse playback of samples
* Add any (or all) of the 8 effects to the entire mix
* AudioBus 3.0 compatible
* MIDI controllable - play your samples on a keyboard
* Jam with others over WiFi with Ableton Link
Built-in Microphone FX:
* More Bass
* More Treble
* Octave up
* Octave down
Built-in DJ Mix FX:
* Comb filter
* Ring modulator
* Resonant High/Low Pass Filters
* Ableton Live Set export
* One-shot sample playback
* Reverse mode
* Setting for latched recording mode
* Setting for pitch snap to semitone
* Improved bass synth sound
* Effects have move even volumes
* Batch export all loops
* Performance and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great, could be the greatest
I love this app.
A couple of suggestions for the devs:
- when recording onto a new slot, it would be better if the interaction was a toggle rather than hold. One tap onto the slot to record, second tap (anywhere on the screen) to stop recording. This way users have both hands free while recording.
- when trimming the samples, it would be great to have pinch to zoom functionality.
- when trimming the samples, it would be great to have fade in and fade out options
- since we can already resample from the app, it would be awesome to be able to add the mic fx onto already recorded samples in order to resample them with the fx
- it would be amazing to have a simple sequencer with grid resolution
Keep up the great work, this is one of my favourite music apps
Great, just missing a couple of things
Great little app. The only things I would like added would be an option to add fx after recording is done, and a way to eq the samples once recorded.
If they were added, it would be 5 stars!
Very fun, very powerful
I love this. Has such a speedy workflow to it, and I’ve only begun to discover what it can do. The developer has made a great job of this. Similar to, but different from and perhaps MORE amazing then Samplr. Thanks Marek. Inspiring work.
- Marek Bereza
- 6.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 elf audio
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.