By Kobo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Kobo, you can read on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch anywhere, anytime.
Visit Kobo and browse more than 3.5 million free and affordable titles in the Kobo Store, including bestsellers, award winners, new releases, classics, and hidden gems. All your books sync right to the app.
With Kobo’s reading app, you’re able to:
• Pick up right where you left off. We sync your bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Customize your reading experience. Enjoy crisp, clear text, in the size and style you prefer; try Night Mode for easier nighttime reading; and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode to read how you like.
• Enjoy first chapter previews for thousands of select books.
• Experience the rich, colourful environment of our magazines, cookbooks, children’s books, and comics.
• Make your reading a social experience with Reading Life™. Earn fun and surprising awards, track how long it takes to read a book, and much more.
• Add books to your Library from email, the web, or your Dropbox account. You can even read books from your local public library.
• Share ideas with Kobo Pulse™. Find out who in the Kobo Community is reading what you are and discuss what you've read with them.
• Post your activities to Facebook. See what your friends are reading and share quotes, notes, and book reviews with friends. Like and comment on books your friends post to Facebook.
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, or Japanese.
What's New in Version 7.2
1. A brand new Themes feature to customize your Library and Home screen, including time-based themes that subtly change throughout the day.
2. Two new reading themes to choose from: try Cyan for a cool blue tone, or Charcoal for a darker experience that’s not quite as black as Night.
3. Overall performance improvements, and bug fixes for crashes happening with particular books.
4. Improved support for read-along books, page breaks, and more.
Buggiest app I've ever downloaded
This is buggy and often freezes when you search for a word. After the recent update it no longer works at all and my books are lost. I'm only using it in the first place because my kobo ereader was so buggy that I had to return it. Customer service is practically nonexistent since kobo was sold to rakuten, a company which has allowed itself to fall into dishonour by disrespecting its customers in this way and should draw the traditional consequences. Stay away from anything to do with kobo!
Seriously buggy app
I have this on my phone for convenience as I don't always want to carry my kobo. I've had to re-install 3 times now as it either freezes, loses the books or doesn't even start in the first place. Seriously annoying - please fix it.
Why do updates usually cause problems
Have been using this app for ages now but since the recent update it is absolutely useless. I will be purchasing my books through another company in future as this app keeps on failing to do what it is supposed to.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 08 April 2014
- Version: 7.2
- Size: 49.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Developer: Kobo Inc.
- © 2013 Kobo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.