Kobo Reading App – Read Books and Magazines
By Kobo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Kobo, you can read on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch anywhere, anytime.
Visit Kobo and browse more than 3.5 million free and affordable titles in the Kobo Store, including bestsellers, award winners, new releases, classics, and hidden gems. All your books sync right to the app.
With Kobo’s reading app, you’re able to:
• Pick up right where you left off. We sync your bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Customize your reading experience. Enjoy crisp, clear text, in the size and style you prefer; try Night Mode for easier nighttime reading; and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode to read how you like.
• Enjoy first chapter previews for thousands of select books.
• Experience the rich, colourful environment of our magazines, cookbooks, children’s books, and comics.
• Make your reading a social experience with Reading Life™. Earn fun and surprising awards, track how long it takes to read a book, and much more.
• Add books to your Library from email, the web, or your Dropbox account. You can even read books from your local public library.
• Share ideas with Kobo Pulse™. Find out who in the Kobo Community is reading what you are and discuss what you've read with them.
• Post your activities to Facebook. See what your friends are reading and share quotes, notes, and book reviews with friends. Like and comment on books your friends post to Facebook.
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, or Japanese.
What's New in Version 7.6.1
Bug fixes and general improvements.
Great app. Have tried many stores and this is the best. Updates on my three devices, will take me to right page when I change device. This is a major bonus. iBook doesn't do this and it's very frustrating. Download very quick, never failed so far. One improvement could be to close book on all devises too not just one opened. Would be good if it took two taps to open book as I keep doing by accident! Also please allow us to close all books by holding and pressing tab on contents page, not just some. If a book is opened by accident then one has to go to end to close again. Pity kobo will not allow book purchase through the app but I just keep safari open on kobo so not really a problem. Really easy to use, great App!
Great ebook reader
I love reading my Kobo and any other ePub books and magazines on this app. Hasn't let me down since I have had it and that's a couple or more years now. I also have the the actual Kobo reader , and the good thing is that it automatically checks where you'd read to and will update the same book on the other kobo reader app or kobo reader. Great community too
Great on the go but missing a few things
This app is great for picking up a couple of chapters of paid for from kobo books on the go and syncs well. However the inability to buy books on the go or have viability of any books you've put on your kobo from another source let it down a bit. Still worth having though. The light on your phones screen is ideal if you don't have a kobo glo
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: 07 April 2015
- Version: 7.6.1
- Size: 50.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Developer: Kobo Inc.
- © 2013 Kobo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.