A Judo sensei in your pocket!
With KōdōkanPro, you have in your possession, not just a dictionary, not just a collection of video tutorials, but a powerful, innovative tool for navigating the landscape of Judo techniques and terminology.
- Powerful, searchable dictionary, which includes over 675 Judo terms and their English translations (alternatively: German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese). Enter partial English words or Judo terms for an instant list of possible matches. For terms which correspond to specific techniques, navigate directly to either the Gokyo or Technique (Waza) viewer. Terms can be heard as expressed by a Japanese native speaker. We call this the "speaking dictionary".
- Gokyo viewer: Discover the forty official throws of the five sub-black belt ranks.
- Technique (Waza) viewer: Enables techniques to be discovered via the class or classes of technique to which they belong.
- Gi viewer: Learn the terms associated with the Jud practitioner's distinctive outfit.
- Video Tutorials: Just click on the technique you've located using either the Dictionary, Gokyo or Technique viewer, and watch Judo black-belts perform said techniques from multiple angles, as well as in slow-mo.
KōdōkanPro provides a set of 70 video tutorials. Future upgrades to this app will include more video tutorials. Videos may optionally be downloaded for offline viewing.
This app currently contains TWO in-app purchasable products:
1) Unlimited video
2) Speaking dictionary
There is a ***one-time charge*** for all 70 videos.
"Unlimited video" gives you unlimited playback of 70 instructional videos.
"Speaking dictionary" gives you unlimited playback of a native speaker expressing every one of the Judo dictionary's terms.
Video tutorials currently included in KōdōkanPro:
Disclaimer: This software has not been endorsed by and is in no way associated with the Kodokan Institute: http://www.kodokan.org/
New and improved:
- 70 online videos with option to download
- Smart search: Typing roughly the right thing should help you find what you're looking for
- Super-easy navigation from the dictionary to other areas of the app.
- Optimised for the latest version of iOS
- Runs beautifully on iPhone 6, 7, 8, iPhone-6, 7, 8-Plus, iPhone X
Ratings and Reviews
Just missing out on a five
This app is definitely the most extensive judo app I have found to date. It covers all throws categorised up to brown belt with most of the terminology listed in a neat dictionary which has links to each technique. Other judo apps do not cover nearly the ground this does. It has a cool gi menu explaining each part of gi(helpful for grip fighting)To gain a 5* it would need a menu update to each technique with pointers to each throw. It is a good reference guide with slow mo replays included . Still a worthy purchase just needs a menu tweak and more newaza videos would be nice. Tad of advice.... If you are an experienced judoka this is not the app for you
All an aspiring judoka would need
Judo is a complex sport with its own language (Japanese) which is equally complex to Western ears. This gem of a programme gives a dictionary which, if you add the audio dictionary, teaches you the words their meaning and the correct pronunciation. It gives demonstrations of a wide range of judo techniques including the complete Gokyo viewed from either side and the front and in slow motion.
I have given it five stars deservedly but an additional item to be considered in the future would be videos of some of the techniques when used in actual contests.
Not a bad place to start!!
I've been involved in judo for a couple of years now and checked what this app had to offer. I've seen a couple of martial arts apps/ mma apps and have to confess I'm actually quit impressed with what this one covers - if you are a beginner & looking for videos to study in order to perfect techniques then this is a good one to start. The dictionary is not bad either. You do have to pay an additional fee to unlock videos but I think it's good value for money & recommend it !
- Michael Mannion
- 53.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Cutting Edge, 2018
- In-App Purchases
- 70 Videos £6.99
- Audible Judo dictionary £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.