The ultimate mobile instruments collection on your iPad, iPad Pro and iPhone. KORG Gadget - the all-in-one music production studio.
KORG Gadget has received numerous awards from around the world:
• Apple: "App Store Best of 2014" in Japan
• #1 in the Top Paid Music iPad App category*
• TECH AWARD 2015 "Best Music Production App"
• MusicTech's "Gear of the Year: Best App" Gold Award
• “Musikmesse international press award 2016” Mobile Music App
* USA, UK, Japan, Germany, France, Italy and much more!
KORG Gadget offers a collection of more than 30* different synthesizers and drum machines called “Gadgets.” These gadgets were designed to assist the user to produce powerful electronic music. The latest version features universal support not only for the iPad, but also for the iPad Pro and the iPhone. The painstaking attention that KORG has given its hardware instruments for more than fifty years has now taken shape as cutting-edge software in the Gadget. It's the ultimate all-in-one music production studio app.
* The total number of gadgets including in-app purchases etc.
• A collection of more than 30 Gadgets
Each Gadget available contains carefully constructed parameters to bring you the sounds you want. They’re ideal for producing all forms of electronic music. Even inexperienced musicians can enjoy the app as each synth offers a Scale function that makes it virtually impossible to play the wrong notes.
• Design tracks in portrait or landscape. Workflow for any music production task
The greatest feature of KORG Gadget is the user interface. It gives you an ideal music production workflow based mainly on the portrait orientation that you're familiar with. When you want to focus on specifics, you can smoothly switch to landscape orientation. This app perfectly supports either preference on the iPad, iPhone, or iPad Pro. From song production to sound design, effects, and mixing, all the steps are intuitive and seamless. Experience perfect music production on mobile!
• Produce music more freely without location limitations. An ideal choice as a second DAW
If you run out of ideas while producing a song, try taking KORG Gadget somewhere that you find inspirational. Gadget liberates you from limitations of location, allowing you to create and capture song ideas anywhere. These ideas can be saved as MIDI or as audio to allow a smooth transition to your desktop system. Wherever you go, take Gadget along as the ideal partner for inspiration.
• Share songs to the GadgetCloud to connect with users around the world
Songs that you create using KORG Gadget can be shared on “GadgetCloud,” a music exchange for Gadget users worldwide. By uploading and sharing songs, you can communicate in ways that bypass language barriers, and also improve your skill as a creative artist. On GadgetCloud, you can submit your songs for selection as tracks recommended by Korg, enter various contents, and use the ranking system. You can also upload from Gadget directly to any social networking service such as SoundCloud, Facebook, or Twitter, to name a few.
* GadgetCloud is based on SoundCloud, the cloud service that's supported by creative artists world-wide.
• Make it come alive with new MIDI controllers. Accelerate the pace of your music production
To customize your needs, you can freely choose a MIDI controller that complements the KORG Gadget. With the nanoKEY Studio/nanoKONTROL Studio, you can step-record and mix wirelessly as setup is automatic, making this easy and convenient. You can also opt to choose the microKEY Air, a compact mini-keyboard that can also connect wirelessly and via the Apple Lightning adapter. By partnering with a MIDI controller that inspires you, you can improve the quality of your music production.
More info at korg.com
• Added ability to receive song data from KORG Gadget for Nintendo Switch with a QR code.
• Files App support.
• Stability improvements and bug fixes.
• Slice lock mode : long press the “slice trigger” button on the performance page to prevent the slice assign popover from opening while using the pads. The button will begin blinking to indicate that this mode is active. Long press again to exit this mode.
• Loop latch mode : long press the “loop trigger” button on the performance page to make Stockholm continue to play loops after the note trigger has ended. Long press again to exit this mode.
• File load speedup.
Ratings and Reviews
Could be great but...
sounds excellent. Most of the gadgets are excellent. All the fx need to be tempo synced. The song arranging is a real pain. Working from top to bottom when nearly all of us were brought up on cubase ie left to right is crazy. It’s really hard to work the arranging of The initial loops out. Also the app seems to be slipping into slight gimmick territory with the monopoly skin idea. Pointless stupid idea when the whole app needs overhauling. File management. Better fx. Fx gadgets. Ability to resample etc.. etc.. it’s a musical instrument ffs not a toy. So imho could be great but.... update.. I sat down last night and properly worked out the arranging of a song and I worked it out successfully.. it’s still a bit tricky but works well. I would like to see a fx gadget with a full synthesis engine 2 Lfos. multimode filter. reverse etc... to be able to mangle even further ones tracks. And the ms20 included..... It is a quality app and a stable app so it is churlish to complain just be nice to go that little bit further with ones sound designing.
My Korg gadget
It really is the best app to date I have purchased I saw it when first come out and thought it would be like the elctribe app they done years ago , but this is really different it’s like owning a few good bits of kit with out taking up space, n wires and wall plugs, dust, you know the deal that comes with real hardware plus they make it feel more like the real deal with the Nano control! With the waffling in a nut shell it’s small money for big sound fast work flow share n export so so on....... if could have one thing for now that would make it better is every so offten give us all a free gadget , and a select all in the edit notes parameters and some do stlyle fx on mixer view like stutter/dj filters/turntable style pitch/but to fare I do use audio bus long side with launch pad... KORG GADGET BUY ITTTTTTT!
Let’s Talk about Mac OS & IDAM...
Love Gadget... Just Love it.. My favourite DAW of all time.
In fact, I have it on all my iOS devices and even payed out the much larger sum and got it on my Mini Mac as well..
It’s definitely a 5 Star DAW for me, however for now I can only give 4 stars...
I have literally only 1 gripe... and to some it may only be a small problem. But to me it’s a massive biggie.
Due to lack of info when researching how IDAM works, I’ve literally only just found out that on Mac OS it’s the DAW of choice that utilises IDAM to then incorporate your iOS devices to send/receive midi data.
Without the DAW on a Mac, IDAM is pretty much useless for midi data.
The problem is Gadget doesn’t have a midi out function..?
So I can’t get my Midi Keyboards to send midi data to my iPads thru the Mac.. If I was to use GarageBand or Logic Pro X, then I can use the midi out function and get all keyboards and iOS devices working in perfect harmony thru Mama Mac.
Studiomux is the only way I can get around this..
But takes time to setup.. and IDAM is just sitting there grinning at me.. taunting me... laughing at me...
Because Gadget haven’t stepped up their game yet..
Please Mr Gadget.. Pretty pretty please with a big fat cherry on top.. Can I have a midi out function for Christmas?
- KORG INC.
- 1.6 GB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2018 KORG INC.
- In-App Purchases
- Bilbao £9.99
- Abu Dhabi £9.99
- Gladstone £14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.