By KORG INC.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
iMS-20 is an analog synth studio; a complete recreation of the Korg MS-20 synth, an analog sequencer, a drum machine, and even Korg's Kaoss Pad technology. Plus, you can share your songs online via the SoundCloud!
iMS-20 is a complete music production app for iPad. It consists of a complete recreation of the legendary Korg MS-20 analog synth with the patching capability, plus a 16-step analog sequencer based on the Korg SQ-10, a six-part drum machine which can create drum parts by simply tapping the buttons, and a seven-channel mixer with 14 types of effects.
In addition, iMS-20 offers dual Kaoss Pads allowing you to generate music by simply stroking the pad and moving your fingers over it. Experiment to come up with wild musical phrase! And with access to the SoundCloud audio platform*, you can publish your songs, or collaborate on ideas with people anywhere in the world from within the app!
• MS-20 monophonic synthesizer : 1 unit
• Analog sequencer : 1 unit
• 6-part drum machine : 1 unit
• Mixer : 1 unit
• Song/Pattern composer : 1 unit
MS-20 monophonic synthesizer:
• Analog modeling synthesizer (MS-20 modeled by “CMT” Component Modeling Technology)
• 2VCO / 2VCF / 1VCA / 2EG / Patch Panel
• Additional functions : Modulation Key/Tempo Sync
• Insert effect (selectable from 14 effect types as below)
• 16-step analog sequencer
• Control notes, volume, pan, parameters, and voltages via knobs
• Configurable steps (1-16) and sequence mode (6 types)
• Trigger out per channel or step position
6-part drum machine:
• 6-part/16-step drum machine
• Create sounds by sampling a single note from a built-in MS-20
• Controllable notes, volume and pan by knobs
• Configurable steps (1-16) and sequence mode (6 types) per a part
• 7-channel mixer
• Double needle meter indicates VU level
• Master effect (selectable from 14 effect types as below)
• Compose a song or select a pattern, built-in mixer
• 16 patterns and 256 bars per a song
• Tempo setting (20-300 BPM) and Swing function
• 14 types : Short Delay, BPM Sync Delay, Reverb 1, Reverb 2, Chorus/Flanger, Equalizer, Compressor, Tube Simulator (Valve Force), Low-Pass Filter, High-Pass Filter, Band-Pass Filter, Talking Modulator, Decimator, Grain Shifter
• Keyboard : Variable width (22, 26, or 29 keys)
• Kaoss Pad : 2 units
- Performance pad : Key/Scale (31 types) settings
- Parameter control pad : X-Y axis parameter settings
• Audio export function (Bouncing a song or pattern, and Real-time recording a performance: 16-bit/44.1 kHz stereo WAV format)
• Publish and share songs online with the SoundCloud audio platform
• Various template patterns by music genre are included
• Various template sounds by sound category are included
Follow us on:
● Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/korg.iapps
● Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/korg_iapps
What's New in Version 1.6.6
● Bug fixes and improvements
This is a brilliant app, possibly one of the best you can buy. It's very very close to an MS20. My original MS20 owning mate went so far as to say, "it's an MS20...each one has it's own nuances, so it sounds like whatever machine they based it on". It's brash, wild, unapologetic and stands out. I'm sure it could sit in a mix but it's at its best when it's being pushed. With the routing options and slightly unconventional setup it's great for tweeking and coming up with unique sounds. The step sequencer is perfect for techno style bass lines and the drum machine section is brilliant, essentially making this a multi timbal MS20. The drums are all MS20 but don't worry, the presets give you some good starting points, from there, get playing. It's fun. It makes me want to experiment and touch it and that is a great recommendation. For me, it's a techno beast, nasty synth noises, weird stuff, cutting leads and bass lines are where it excels. The drums are fantastic too. It has a grit and originality to it that makes it very appealing to my ears, and I'm sure to many other producers. The in built pattern sequencer means you could in theory write a whole track using only this. Though it will export audio if you want to mix elsewhere.
Love it. I don't think anyone will be disappointed by this. A great purchase.
With these apps, you are really spoiling us
I used to own the real MS20 (and MS10 and SQ10) and this app very much takes the place of my old MS20 and SQ10 (especially considering the real SQ10 is only 12 steps, this one is 16!).
It is apps such as this that makes the habitual hunt for modern analogue hardware little more than a futile residual habit — what's the point in real physical synths that take up room and need dusting, when there's this?
If you're a pauper like me and can't afford the real thing, think how lucky you are that you now don't have to. Can't beat being poor. This is seriously good at what if does. Could do with a wider range of sound and more presets, even though you can mangle the bejeezeus out of whatever voice you load. Looks complicated but it's really not.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 22 December 2015
- Version: 1.6.6
- Size: 47.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: KORG INC.
- © 2010-2015 KORG INC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.