By KORG INC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iMS-20 is an analog synth studio; a complete recreation of the Korg MS-20 synth, an analog sequencer, a drum machine, and even Korg's Kaoss Pad technology. Plus, you can share your songs online via the SoundCloud!
iMS-20 is a complete music production app for iPad. It consists of a complete recreation of the legendary Korg MS-20 analog synth with the patching capability, plus a 16-step analog sequencer based on the Korg SQ-10, a six-part drum machine which can create drum parts by simply tapping the buttons, and a seven-channel mixer with 14 types of effects.
In addition, iMS-20 offers dual Kaoss Pads allowing you to generate music by simply stroking the pad and moving your fingers over it. Experiment to come up with wild musical phrase! And with access to the SoundCloud audio platform*, you can publish your songs, or collaborate on ideas with people anywhere in the world from within the app!
• MS-20 monophonic synthesizer : 1 unit
• Analog sequencer : 1 unit
• 6-part drum machine : 1 unit
• Mixer : 1 unit
• Song/Pattern composer : 1 unit
MS-20 monophonic synthesizer:
• Analog modeling synthesizer (MS-20 modeled by “CMT” Component Modeling Technology)
• 2VCO / 2VCF / 1VCA / 2EG / Patch Panel
• Additional functions : Modulation Key/Tempo Sync
• Insert effect (selectable from 14 effect types as below)
• 16-step analog sequencer
• Control notes, volume, pan, parameters, and voltages via knobs
• Configurable steps (1-16) and sequence mode (6 types)
• Trigger out per channel or step position
6-part drum machine:
• 6-part/16-step drum machine
• Create sounds by sampling a single note from a built-in MS-20
• Controllable notes, volume and pan by knobs
• Configurable steps (1-16) and sequence mode (6 types) per a part
• 7-channel mixer
• Double needle meter indicates VU level
• Master effect (selectable from 14 effect types as below)
• Compose a song or select a pattern, built-in mixer
• 16 patterns and 256 bars per a song
• Tempo setting (20-300 BPM) and Swing function
• 14 types : Short Delay, BPM Sync Delay, Reverb 1, Reverb 2, Chorus/Flanger, Equalizer, Compressor, Tube Simulator (Valve Force), Low-Pass Filter, High-Pass Filter, Band-Pass Filter, Talking Modulator, Decimator, Grain Shifter
• Keyboard : Variable width (22, 26, or 29 keys)
• Kaoss Pad : 2 units
- Performance pad : Key/Scale (31 types) settings
- Parameter control pad : X-Y axis parameter settings
• Audio export function (Bouncing a song or pattern, and Real-time recording a performance: 16-bit/44.1 kHz stereo WAV format)
• Publish and share songs online with the SoundCloud audio platform
• Various template patterns by music genre are included
• Various template sounds by sound category are included
Follow us on:
● Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/korg.iapps
● Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/korg_iapps
What's New in Version 1.6.4
• iOS 8 compatible
• Fixed crash during startup on iOS 8
• Fixed crash when zooming in the edit panels
• Bug fixes and improvements
Impressive... but maybe a little too realistic... (#^.^#)
エ have to admit that エ found this particular addition to the 'Korg' collection to be the hardest to wrap my head around. エt was along time ago when エ first tried to figure this App out and I'm STILL finding out new things to this day. エ find that this App is more of a 'simulator' than a practical 'music-creating-easy-to-use-app'. 丅his isn't a bad thing by any means, and エ still enjoy trying to see what エ can do with this cool synth. So, if you're looking for a mini-studio style app to create music, or something to quickly get down ideas then this isn't the App for the job... my personal opinion ofcourse! But, if you want a cool, complex, highly detailed, synth – simulator, then this is definitely the way to go. ᏢEace✌︎.
All the tone of the original, with iOS functionality
When I first decided to embrace electronic music as my main career path a year ago, iMS-20 was the first iOS-based synth I purchased. To say it has become a vital part of my band's sound is an understatement.
If you're buying this app, you're probably familiar with the original hardware MS-20, or at least the recent mini reissue (which is also fantastic) but you want to integrate it into an iOS recording/performance setup. Every knob, switch and socket from the original is here and functionally identical, but there are also some new additions that may come as a pleasant surprise.
I haven't experimented with the sequencer yet, but if I fancy having a stab at Donna Summer's "I Feel Love" or Muse's "Bliss", its WYSIWYG interface will make programming sequences a breeze. WhatI HAVE made rude use of, however, are the excellent effects (the reverbs are fantastic) and the ability to save presets (can you imagine patching the "modular" section on the fly?), which is a godsend in a live situation.
It's a little pricey, but it's worth every penny.
Superb. Closer to the original than expected
Fantastic and surprisingly powerful, I patched this the same way as my ms20 to see just how well they did, blown away by it.
Patience and understanding is required but you can easily get everything from Hoover leads, sub bass, aggressive bass, even piano if you really try.
It's brilliant and it shouldn't really be possible but it is 2015 I suppose.
Worth every penny
Would I like an update?? It would be nice to get some pwmlSwitches or a sync switch so I didn't have to work so hard ;-)
- Category: Music
- Updated: 06 October 2014
- Version: 1.6.4
- Size: 35.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: KORG INC.
- © 2010-2015 KORG INC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.