Lab Tests Online-UK
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is the free mobile version of Lab Tests Online-UK, the award-winning, non-commercial website developed by doctors and healthcare scientists to help you better understand the laboratory tests that are part of routine healthcare, diagnosis, monitoring and treatment.
Whether you are a patient looking for answers that might reassure you about your health or a healthcare practitioner seeking quick information regarding a particular test, Lab Tests Online-UK puts the knowledge into the palm of your hand.
This mobile app loads and stores the Lab Tests Online-UK website's content on your mobile device, meaning you won’t be dependent on an internet connection to navigate to the information you need when you need it. However, when you have online connectivity, the mobile app will automatically update itself via the internet and will also provide additional content and images.
On Lab Tests Online-UK you will find:
• An index of laboratory tests with information on how they are carried out, what the results might mean and which diseases they are used to diagnose
• Information on common diseases and the laboratory tests used to diagnose and monitor them
• Feature articles that translate complex scientific concepts into easy to understand information
• A general overview of pathology laboratories, the way they work and the people who work in them
• Regular news updates from the world of pathology and laboratory medicine
Lab Tests Online-UK was established in 2003 with the aid of a grant from the Health Foundation and was financially supported by the Department of Health. It has been developed by The Association for Clinical Biochemistry (ACB) with support from the Royal College of Pathologists (RCPath) and the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS). The website is derived from the original Lab Tests Online website created by the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC).
Lab Tests Online-UK is independent of, and receives no funding from, any commercial organisation, including diagnostic or pharmaceutical companies. The site is accredited by and complies with the international standards of the Health On the Net (HON) Foundation.
What's New in Version 2.3.0
• iOS8 Update
• Content Update
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 06 May 2015
- Version: 2.3.0
- Size: 18.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Association For Clinical Biochemistry
- © ACB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.