Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The LabTimers App includes 6 timers that can be individually set and run simultaneously.
- Run up to 6 timers simultaneously
- Ability to start, pause and reset each timer separately
- Ability to set hours, minutes, and seconds
- Timers can run in the background when the app is closed (requires iOS 4+)
- Background alerts can pop-up and sound at the end of a countdown (requires iOS 4+)
- Each of the 6 timers can be individually named
- Timers can count up and count down
- Count down features selection of 6 different sound alerts
What's New in Version 2.0
- In-app site browsing
- Site-related bookmarking
- Air-print functionality
- Improved timer calculations and functionality
App Timer not Lab Timer
Great idea Sigma although the execution is awful! Set a timer in the lab, wander off for a coffee and check your phone. Once you lock, the timer stops! I will say that it counted the length of time the app was open for... which is almost useless! I missed a time point on an experiment because I didn't realise. That will teach me to rely on phone apps! Fix it Sigma, great company, useless app, don't download until fixed!
Doesn't run in the background...
... or when closed as the App Store description suggest, I'm running iOS 5.1.1 and Sigma claim it works with iOS 4.0 and higher. The timers just stop when you lock your phone or close the app... will stick to just setting alarms and countdowns with iOS's built in clock features. Don't even waste your storage space on this, it's useless!
DO NOT TRUST FOR AN EXPT!!
As said before, the timers will stop working as soon as your phone locks or you go back to your home screen etc (which other timers do not do). Luckily I found this out before using for an assay, but it would be extremely annoying if it happened during an experiment. Particularly if you have limited sample(s)!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 17 May 2012
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 5.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Sigma-Aldrich
- © 2011 Sigma-Aldrich
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.