**PRICE PROMOTION FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY**
Give your child a head start in reading with Ladybird's I'm Ready for Phonics! With 12 fun and motivating levels to progress through, this app supports your child’s synthetic phonics learning
"An excellent app that walks the line between education and entertainment
adroitly." Apps Playground
• Interactive space-themed games aligned to the Letters and Sounds synthetic phonics approach taught in UK primary schools
• Developed in consultation with teachers and literacy experts, it provides perfect preparation for the Phonics Screening Check at the end of Year 1.
• Learn, blend, segment and practise the 44 sounds of the English language
• Teaches initial letter sounds, phonemes (sounds) and graphemes (letters) in the order children learn them at school
• Includes essential tricky words that cannot be sounded out – such as ‘the’ and ‘said’
• A motivational rewards systems allows children to collect stars as they complete each activity
• Includes recording function so that you and your child can practise and play back the different sounds.
• Includes a practical, easy-to-understand Parent’s Guide to Phonics and a glossary of phonics terms. Use the parent’s information screen to unlock each level as your child progresses.
If you experience any technical issues with this app please get in touch. We are happy to help. Contact us at email@example.com
General bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn’t work properly.
Won’t record and play back in certain sections so you can’t progress.
Doesn’t work at all on planet two on my iPhone (Iphone 6P), won’t record and play back on an any of my iPads.
Can’t progress past the title screen
The app is completely unresponsive and won’t allow me to progress past the enter your name field
Great phonics app
My daughter has had I’m Ready for Phonics for a couple of days now and loves it. It's great fun to use but also really well-thought out and very educational.
There are 12 planets and each planet takes you through the sounds (phonemes) that children learn in school. It starts with s,a,t etc. and gradually works up to the harder ones. As well as learning the sounds, there are lots of fun, simple activities so that children can start blending sounds to read words and segmenting to help with spelling. The final planets have harder words and are great for children to use once they are confident with their sounds. I was also pleased to see that the app includes 'tricky words' e.g. the, as, so that children can learn these as well as their sounds. If you are unsure about phonics there is an excellent help and information section for parents.
The app is very easy to use and my daughter (age 5) can easily navigate it herself. She loves using it and often asks to 'play' on it. Her favourite part is when she can record herself saying sounds and words and then listen to it! If you have a pre-school child, or a child in Reception or Year 1, the I'm Ready for Phonics app is perfect for them and I would definitely recommend it.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.