By VirtualSpeech Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The VirtualSpeech Google Cardboard app will help you master the English language and culture, by providing photo-realistic virtual reality environments to speak, listen and learn in.
Currently you can learn English in the following languages: French, Spanish, Portuguese, German and Chinese. Russian, Japanese, Italian and Korean are coming soon. (You can also try the app entirely in English)
- Experience Culture - visit London, the Cotswolds, Warwick, Cornwall and more in VR.
- Basic Vocabulary - find various items in photo-realistic and beautiful vocabulary rooms.
- Audiobook Chapters - listen to Treasure Island, The Three Musketeers or Alice in Wonderland.
- Sentence Building - use different shapes and words as objects to build walls.
- Roleplay Situations - book a hotel, give a speech at a wedding, attend an interview and more.
- Rewards & Stats - view your stats and awards to see how you've progressed.
- 8 different vocabulary rooms including a kitchen, bedroom, office and bathroom.
- Various 360 images of locations around England, from Cornwall to the Cotswolds to London.
- Practice for an English interview with companies such as Google and Goldman Sachs.
- Wedding / formal room to practice your public speaking in
- Space environment where you can create sentences by building walls.
This app was developed to help people learn English and experience the English culture and landmarks. The idea behind it was to create a more exciting way of learning in the virtual world. VirtualSpeech will continue to create VR environments and scenarios to help you in a wide range of language situations.
What is Google Cardboard?
Google Cardboard is a low cost virtual reality platform which transforms a phone into a VR headset. Get your headset at http://virtualspeech.com/headsets
The Google Cardboard VR app is still in very early development and there are many things we need to improve to bring you a fully immersive language experience. We are working on the following areas:
- New languages to learn English in, including Italian and Japanese.
- Learn different languages from other languages, for example you could learn French from German.
- Roleplay experiences such as shopping and ordering a train ticket.
Please contact us with any feedback or ideas of new features you would like to see in the future.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Released: 02 December 2016
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 317 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: VirtualSpeech Ltd
- © 2016 VirtualSpeech
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.