THE MUCH-LOVED LAYTON SERIES IS BACK WITH A 10TH ANNIVERSARY INSTALLMENT!
Developed by LEVEL-5, LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY™: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy is the latest game in the best-selling Layton Series and first official sequel debuting on mobile.
Join Katrielle Layton in the heart of London, as she becomes embroiled in a casual, comical, quizzical quest, which has its roots in our new hero’s search for her missing father, Professor Hershel Layton. You’ll be whisked around London’s famous landmarks, from the Houses of Parliament to Tower Bridge, following Kat on her trusty bicycle, solving case after unlikely case, until she unwittingly uncovers the Millionaires’ Conspiracy.
Help Kat and company discover clues, unravel mysteries, deduce the truth, and solve original puzzles! Redecorate the agency and redress Kat in various outfits to suit the case at hand (or your mood). With twelve intriguing cases, seven multi-millionaires, and one whopper of a conspiracy, will Kat ever be able to find the missing professor?
Full of ingenious challenges, charming characters and clever plot twists, the latest Layton instalment will prove to you beyond a shadow of doubt that the truth IS stranger than fiction!
· Modern, female protagonist
· The largest collection of puzzles in any Layton Series title
· Bonus! Daily puzzles delivered directly to your mobile device
· New cast of characters (and some favourites from the past)
· High-quality, visually rich gaming experience
· Customizable costumes and room décor
· Additional minigames
· Offline play after initial download
*This game can be played in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Dutch. Other languages cannot be selected in your region.
**Bonus daily puzzles will require Internet connection for accessibility & download.
- Added a new outfit
- Corrected a few minor issues
* The option to redeem campaign promo codes via ‘Promo prizes’ has been removed from the ‘Bonuses’ menu section due to the Real World Puzzle Solving campaign ending.
Ratings and Reviews
Puzzle: name a better iOS puzzler
This is sublime. Basically, it's like a playable cartoon, with adorable graphics, charming characters, top-class voice acting, fantastic music and a rather slight but endearingly silly story. It's all so light, fluffy and feelgood, that criticising it would be like kicking a puppy.
Amidst the talking dogs, incompetent cops, snooty profilers, well-intentioned criminals and awful puns, there are hidden items to find and, most importantly, a series of excellent puzzles to test your logic, insight, maths, geometry and sometimes just plain common sense. Some are simple, some will give you pause, and others will make you slap your forehead because you didn't see the solution straightaway.
Is this the best Layton game? I don't know. Probably not, from what others have said. Is there anything else of this ilk as good as this on iOS? Hardly. Level 5 has set a new bar for what we can expect on an iPhone. Don't complain about the price - it's a steal compared with what a Nintendo 3DS owner will pay for the same game. This is simply great, a five-star game on an App Store that all too frequently gives five stars to games simply because they're free and entertain for five minutes in the queue. Love it.
Just like the Nintendo game but better
I don’t usually do reviews but I have always loved the Professor Layton games and this is something special. However, I find that having to buy the DS, 3DS etc to play them all, limiting. I haven’t played the full game yet so I don’t know whether it’s a good length or not but it’s exactly like it used to be but now you can use the top screen which wasn’t available on the DS. This has been used well. Turning the screen can get annoying but it’s only occasional so doesn’t warrant losing a star. Great quality and fantastic work, even if it’s an expensive app.
I think that the old games should also move to IOS at a reduced price or as a bundle (it’s not a new storyline) so children who never had the first DS can play the old games. I would buy it certainly. Good job!
Love the game, price great compared to 3DS!
Enjoying the game, feels that dialogue seems to be more frequently and lengthy than the previous games however.
Price point is great considering you would get the same payable game for double the money on 3DS in addition I always have my phone handy so easy to play on breaks at work.
- Level-5 Inc.
- 1.5 GB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©LEVEL-5 Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Kat's Clobber & Puzzles Set £14.99
- Kat's Cosplay & Puzzles Set £7.99
- Dating Dress & Puzzle £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.