With the new LBC App powered by Global Player we've made it easier than ever to get involved in Leading Britain's Conversation.
- Listen to LBC in HD quality, live and on the move.
- Catch up / listen again to all LBC shows from the last week whenever you like.
- Download and listen to shows offline, perfect for listening while you're travelling.
- Subscribe to your favourite shows to automatically download them each day.
- Check the schedules to see which show is coming up next.
- Get all the latest news and videos.
With the LBC app you can also enjoy all of Global's other stations: Capital, Capital XTRA, Heart, Gold, Radio X, Classic FM and Smooth.
So, whatever you're into – a topical debate, the latest hits, classic tracks or music for chilling out - Global's got you covered. And best of all, it's completely free and available worldwide. With the Global Player, you can:
- Hear the best shows from the biggest names in radio: Chris Moyles, Johnny Vaughan, Roman Kemp, Nick Ferrari, Myleene Klass, James O'Brien, Nigel Farage and many more.
- Listen to all of Global's stations in HD audio.
- Take control - My Capital, My Capital XTRA and My Radio X, a world-first that allows you to skip songs on live radio - it's radio you control.*
- Get the latest news, videos and pictures from each of Global's stations with the best guests and most entertaining, informative content.
- If you want to relax or exercise, choose 'Music For…' and we'll serve you the best music for your mood. You can also skip tracks in this section*, so now you're in control of what you hear.
- See what other people are loving with our top trending shows.
*Currently only available in the UK.
- You can now easily reset your password from within the app.
- Fixed: the app now uses significantly less storage space on your device.
Ratings and Reviews
Limited and difficult to use
Catch up option is difficult to get working, it does allow 20s jumping, but cannot keep downloads for more than a week, also the “walled garden” nature means that if you listen to podcasts from other sources, you need to keep switching between apps... we also lose the ability to pay for a download that don’t contain adverts.
For those who get lost with subscribing/downloading of shows (and for feedback for the developers)...
The app works in two different ways - First, there an overview area (bottom bar shows Stations, Music For, and My Downloads), where the Stations take you into a completely different side to the app (focused entirely on that station), which shows a small “G Home” icon in the top right (this is the thing to take you back to the overview area).
To subscribe to a station, you need to login (from the overview area, using the small cog icon in the top right), then “go to” a station, find a show from the “Schedule + Catch Up” page (select an old date first), then press “Subscribe”... it will ask you to enable notifications with no explanation as to why - it won’t work if you decline.
I assume they are using notifications to trigger the downloads of new shows (rather than the app polling the server every 30 minutes), but just as likely, they could be doing this to annoy you with notifications (i.e. the “look at me, you haven’t used me for at least a day” problem).
Car play doesn’t play downloaded shows?
I probably need to get out more but I was really excited by the addition of car play to this app. Imagine my sad disappointment when I found that all you could do was to play the current live show! Who is this aimed at Global Radio? Surely every carplay compatible car audio system will also have a DAB radio receiver? LBC is a national station broadcast throughout the UK on DAB. Why use your data allowance to stream it over the unreliable 3G/4G network when you can just tune the car’s radio? If you only have an old FM radio you are very unlikely to have Carplay so it can’t be that? What I really want CarPlay compatibility for is to be able to play downloaded shows - that would be genuinely brilliant. Next update maybe?
Total disaster of the highest order. This is a monumental downgrade from the catch up app. Firstly it doesn’t even tell you which topics the presenter you want to listen to is talking about.
Secondly, forced to listen to the adverts. Yes you can forward them but when you’re lying down in bed closing your eyes, having to start picking your phone up and pressing forward is the last thing you want to do. As if that’s not bad enough the content wasn’t even available last time I tried, this means if you haven’t subscribed and downloaded the podcast all you are able to to when this problem occurs is listen to the live show.
Seriously??!!! I couldn’t care less if it’s free, at least give me the option to choose between the paid for catch up app and this pile of utter crap!!!
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.