WordPower Learn Czech Vocabulary by InnovativeLanguage.com
By Innovative Language Learning, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
WordPower Czech - The Ultimate Vocabulary Builder
Rapidly Master 2,000 of the Most Frequently Used Words and Phrases in the Czech language right on your computer with the new and improved WordPower Learn Czech Vocabulary! Learn essential Czech vocabulary and phrases related to shopping, going to the doctor, travel, technology, weather and more! The app doubles as an educational travel guide packed with cultural insights and practical Czech phrases. Your journey to Czech Republic begins right here, with WordPower Learn Czech Vocabulary presented by InnovativeLanguage.com.
The power of these 2,000 words and phrases:
According to the experts, "A vocabulary of 1,500 words is enough to comfortably participate in everyday conversations." WordPower Czech Vocabulary not only gives the core 1,500 words and phrases that make up a language, but also the tools to master them in the fastest and easiest way possible.
Will this application alone allow you to speak like a United Nations diplomat? Probably not. Will it empower you to function in everyday situations, understand the language spoken around you, and help you rapidly learn Czech? Absolutely YES!
What makes WordPower so effective? It's Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
WordPower Learn Czech Vocabulary FEATURES:
- Completely redesigned UI. The user interface has been redesigned from the ground up to be much cleaner, beautiful, and more user friendly
- New! By popular demand, the Word of the Day feature
- Approximately 2,000 Words: The most essential Czech vocabulary all in one place showing you the spelling, translation, pronunciation, image, class and gender
- New! Use the left and right arrow keys to scroll between words
- Thousands of Sample Sentences: See and hear practical sample sentences with every word entry
- New! Czech Local List: A special list of words specific to daily life in Czech Republic. You’ll learn handy cultural insights with every entry transforming Word Power into a mini travel and cultural handbook
- Updated! Basic Resources: Want to explore the Czech language even more? Learn everything you need to know with this comprehensive source of Czech learning tips, information and material
- Updated! Easy to Use Design: Find everything you need without excessive clicking and searching
- Custom Flashcard Settings: You're in control of your study sessions. Mix up question types (recognition, production, audio and visual) for a full understanding of each word
- Listening Practice: Hear each word's proper pronunciation by a native speaker
- Perfect your Pronunciation: Compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's with the Voice Recorder, easily accessible throughout the app
- Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
- Advanced Search Function - Search entire database in English or Czech
- Progress Bar for keeping track of how many words you have really mastered
What's New in Version 4.5
-fixes a crash on startup under OS X Yosemite
Mismatched voices, graphical glitches.
The female voice is so badly recorded it’s impossible to pick up any subtleties. The - what seems to be newer? - male voice is well voiced and clear. Aside from that there are significant graphical errors in the application around the list of subject choices. They’re so obvious that whomever prepared the app can’t have even smoke-tested it to see how it looked. Not very inspiring. This, coupled with that part of the app pesters you to sign up for a “free lifetime account” which basically is “an excuse for us to repeatedly email you to try to sell you something” is a little embarrassing. The content is quite basic - I found myself thinking “Well that’s fine for ONE thing but what is the correct word endings for TWO and FIVE items (Czech has different word endings depending on number)”. As a very basic phrasebook this is just OK. For about the same price a much better paper version is available.