Learn Greek - WordPower
By Innovative Language Learning, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WordPower Greek - The Ultimate Vocabulary Builder
Learn Greek with 2,000 of the Most Frequently Used Words and Phrases in the Greek language right on your iOS device with the new and improved WordPower Greek Vocabulary! Since the launch of iTunes App Store in 2008, WordPower Greek has helped language students like you learn essential Greek vocabulary and phrases related to shopping, going to the doctor, travel, technology, weather and more! The app doubles as a mini-travel guide packed with cultural insights and practical Greek phrases. Your journey to Greece begins right here, with WordPower Learn Greek Vocabulary presented by InnovativeLanguage.com.
The power of these 2,000 words and phrases:
According to the experts, "A vocabulary of 1,500 words is enough to comfortably participate in everyday conversations." WordPower Greek Vocabulary not only gives the core 1,500 words and phrases that make up a language, but also the tools to master them in the fastest and easiest way possible.
Will this application alone allow you to speak like a United Nations diplomat? Probably not. Will it empower you to function in everyday situations, understand the language spoken around you, and help you rapidly learn Greek? Absolutely YES!
What makes WordPower so effective? It's Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
WordPower Learn Greek Vocabulary FEATURES:
- Completely redesigned UI. The user interface has been redesigned from the ground up to be much cleaner, beautiful, and more user friendly
- Support for iOS 6 and 4" Retina displays such as the iPhone 5 and 5th gen iPod Touch
- New! By popular demand, the Word of the Day feature of the Lite version is now included in the full version- Approximately 2,000 Words: The most essential Greek vocabulary all in one place showing you the spelling, translation, pronunciation, image, class, gender, alfaveeto, and romanization
- Thousands of Sample Sentences: See and hear practical sample sentences with every word entry
- New! Greek Local List: A special list of words specific to daily life in Greece. You’ll learn handy cultural insights with every entry transforming Word Power into a mini travel and cultural handbook (3G or WiFi required to access Wikipedia links within the app)
- New! Free Audio Lessons: Learn more than just words! Access the newest GreekPod101.com audio lessons when you sign up for a Free Lifetime Account within the app
- Updated! Basic Resources: Want to explore the Greek language even more? Learn everything you need to know with this comprehensive source of Greek learning tips, information and material
- Updated! Easy to Use Design: Intuitive iOS swipe navigation allows visual learners to browse vocabulary images quickly. Find everything you need without excessive swiping and tapping
- Custom Flashcard Settings: You're in control of your study sessions. Mix up question types (recognition, production, audio and visual) for a full understanding of each word
- Listening Practice: Hear each word's proper pronunciation by a native speaker
- Perfect your Pronunciation: Compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's with the Voice Recorder, easily accessible throughout the app
- Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
- Advanced Search Function - Search entire database in English or Greek
- Progress Bar for keeping track of how many words you have really mastered
- Word View Options: Romanization can be turned on and off
What's New in Version 4.1.1
-fixed a bug that breaks audio playback when using the voice recorder on the iPhone and iPod Touch.
Great app if it worked!
My husband and I are using this app to enhance our small Greek vocabulary so have both downloaded it onto our iPads. It is a super little app and there is plenty to learn from the £6.99 version ...... However after about 2 weeks of use it always seems to lose the ability to scroll from word to word. To reset it has to be reinstalled and then it goes back to the beginning and we have lost the store of all the words we have already learned!!! Very frustrating!!!!
Also I don't want to be bombarded with emails trying to persuade me to purchase a course in Greek.
Great app - too expensive
Really good app with flexibility to learn on audio flash cards and translation both ways.
The interface is reasonably intuitive so easy to get started.
£6.99 is way too expensive for the built in word bank of only around 1000 words, and without the ability to add flash cards of your own is a fundamental limitation for the price.
Good and fun
I really like this app u have it for the phone and iPad. It helps being forced to have a word a day and being able to look at sample sentences. Easy to use and fun!
- Category: Education
- Updated: 13 June 2013
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 424 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Innovative Language Learning, LLC
- © 2008-2013 Innovative Language Learning
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.