LearnEnglish Podcasts - improve your English listening skills
By British Council
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Listen to everyday conversations recorded by native British English speakers in our LearnEnglish Podcasts series, and improve listening skills. Listen to podcast hosts Tess, Ravi, Adam and Rob chatting with different people and talking about different everyday topics, such as their favourite celebrities, making plans for the weekend, having a dinner party and which cities they like to live in.
The app helps you learn everyday English by providing 60 episodes and over 20 hours of free listening about a wide range of topics, as well as great new features that help you listen and understand the conversations.
LISTEN, READ AND CHECK THAT YOU UNDERSTAND
In every episode, listen and read along with a moving audioscript. The audioscript gets highlighted to help you focus on listening. Comprehension questions come with each episode so that you can check your listening and whether you understand the conversation.
HOW THE APP HELPS YOU LEARN EVERYDAY ENGLISH
The best way to improve your listening skills is to listen to a little bit every day and try to listen to a wide range of different topics in English. When you’re listening, try to remember or write down as many of the main points as possible.
FEATURES BACKGROUND PLAYING AND OFFLINE ACCESS
The audio plays even when the screen is turned off. This is a popular request from our users – thank you all for your feedback.
You can also:
- download episodes onto your tablet or phone and listen offline
- delete episodes after you’ve listened to them to create space on your tablet or phone. Re-download episodes when you want to listen again.
We love to hear from our users! If you have any feature requests, feedback or need technical support, get in touch with us through the Feedback and Support button in the Help screen in the app.
PERSONAL DATA AND PRIVACY
LEARN ENGLISH WITH THE BRITISH COUNCIL
Learn English in our classrooms with the world’s English experts. We’ve been teaching English for more than 75 years and have helped more than 100 million people in 100 different countries improve their English skills and build their confidence. Visit www.britishcouncil.org/english to find out more information.
ABOUT THE BRITISH COUNCIL’S ENGLISH LEARNING APPS
The British Council creates top English learning apps for learners of all ages. You can download our apps to practise grammar, vocabulary and listening. Visit our website to see all our apps www.britishcouncil.org/mobilelearning.
What's New in Version 3.4.1
- Improved the design of the pitch control. Tap the 1x button to slow the speed of the audio. Tap it again to bring the speed back to normal.
- Minor bug fixes in the control panel and syncing the audioscript.
- Fixed a bug where the app was stuck on the splash screen. Thank you for all your feedback about this bug!
- Fixed a bug where users could not download episodes on iPhone6S.
- You can now use the iPhone audio controls.
- We’ve added a badge on the Series screen to let you know when new episodes have been added to Series 4. There will be a total of 20 episodes in Series 4, so please stay tuned!
- Other minor improvements.
Benefits for us
I like it so so much
It helps me a lottt
- Category: Education
- Updated: 10 March 2016
- Version: 3.4.1
- Size: 24.6 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish
- Developer: British Council
- © British Council
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.