Learning Time with Timmy 2 - learning new skills
By British Council
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**MadeForMums Toy Awards 2016 Top Play App - Bronze Award**
Timmy and his friends Ruffy and Otus from the TV series Timmy Time are back in our English language learning app! In Learning Time with Timmy 2, we bring you more games to challenge your child’s cognitive skills and help language development.
The app is designed for kids aged 3-6 learning English. If English is your first language, the app could be suitable for children as young as two years old.
Play three exciting games in this educational app to help your child learn words, phrases, and cognitive skills such as identifying and sorting.
• NEW I-Spy - find hidden objects to learn new vocabulary, identify objects and boost concentration. As children progress objects get harder to find, requiring serious focus!
• Magic Box - place items in the box and learn how to categorise and organise items by type and colour. The game gets more and more challenging when we introduce multiple boxes so that children learn advanced sorting skills.
• Rub-a-Dub – listen to the narrator and swipe away feathers, buttons and paint to identify objects hidden beneath. The game starts with single words such as ‘pear’ and ‘pencil’ and builds up to complex phrases such as ‘basketball hoop’ and ‘three green paintbrushes’ so children are challenged as they advance.
All the games are designed to develop a range of skills including hand-eye coordination, concentration, and motor and cognitive skills. Children are guided by an audio narration and are encouraged to tap, swipe and drag in all the games.
As children advance in the app they earn lots of rewards including new themed stickers and video clips of Timmy and his friends.
FEATURES PARENTS AND TEACHERS WILL LOVE
• More challenging games that boost children’s listening, cognitive and motor skills and encourage them to make choices
• Intuitive design that has been developed using feedback from parents and children
• No in-app purchases or adverts
• Games help children to boost their vocabulary, hand-eye coordination and concentration
• A great way to enable children to practise their colours and numbers
• Stickers and video rewards help children keep motivated to work their way through the app
CHILDREN WILL LOVE
• Colourful and exciting games that reward them with stickers and videos
• New sticker scenes to unlock, simply tap the trophy button at any time to play with the stickers and watch the video clips.
• Encouragement from their favourite characters!
• Fun while learning and practising new skills
LEARN ENGLISH WITH SHAUN AND TIMMY AT THE BRITISH COUNCIL
Learning Time with Timmy is an English language learning app developed by the British Council’s English teaching experts and Aardman Animations, the creators of Timmy Time and Shaun the Sheep.
SAFETY AND DATA PRIVACY
ABOUT THE BRITISH COUNCIL’S ENGLISH LEARNING APPS
If your child enjoyed Learning Time with Timmy then take a look at our other apps to help children read, speak and spell in English. Learning Time with Timmy 2 is the second app in the series.
Visit our website to see our full range of apps: http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/parents/apps.
For more tips on how to continue supporting your child’s learning at home, join us on Facebook at facebook.com/LearningTimewithShaunTimmy
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK
We love to hear from our users. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com
What's New in Version 1.3
We made small fixes to improve the performance of the app.
Dumbest game ever don't buy
I paid £4.99 for a game advertised for 5 years old or less but it' s so basic and actually does not teach time as advertised. Bought in confidence as made by British Council. What a waste of money and time.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 04 November 2016
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 111 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: British Council
- © British Council
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.