With over 1 million copies of the series sold on PC, the ultimate dungeon crawling RPG is now available on iOS!
5/5 "Simply put, there’s not a better RPG on the App Store right now." - Pocket Tactics
5/5 "The perfect blend of modern action and classic dungeoneering." - TouchArcade
Legend of Grimrock is a dungeon crawling role playing game with an oldschool heart but a modern execution. A group of prisoners are sentenced to certain death by exiling them to the secluded Mount Grimrock for vile crimes they may or may not have committed. Unbeknownst to their captors, the mountain is riddled with ancient tunnels, dungeons and tombs built by crumbled civilizations long perished now. If they ever wish to see daylight again and reclaim their freedom the ragtag group of prisoners must form a team and descend through the mountain, level by level.
The game brings back the oldschool challenge with highly tactical real-time combat and grid-based movement, devious hidden switches and secrets as well as deadly traps and horrible monsters. Legend of Grimrock puts an emphasis on puzzles and exploration and the wits and perception of the player are more important tools than even the sharpest of swords could be. And if you are a hardened dungeon crawling veteran and you crave an extra challenge, you can arm yourself with a stack of grid paper and turn on the Oldschool Mode which disables the luxury of the automap! Are you ready to venture forth and unravel the mysteries of Mount Grimrock?
- Explore a vast network of ancient tunnels, discover secrets and find a way to survive in the perilous dungeons of Mount Grimrock.
- Cast spells with runes, craft potions with herbs and fight murderous monsters with a wide variety of weaponry.
- Create a party of four characters and customize them with different races, classes, skills and traits.
- Pure blooded dungeon crawling game with grid-based movement and thousands of squares riddled with hidden switches, pressure plates, sliding walls, floating crystals, forgotten altars, trapdoors and more.
- Experience a real labour of love, created by passionate game industry veterans. A spectacular big screen experience, now on your iPad!
The game works on iPhone 4 but iPhone 5 or a newer model is recommended
to fully enjoy the Grimrock experience.
-Minor bug fixes for iPhone version
Ratings and Reviews
A serious dungeon crawler
Played this on the PC a few years ago and loved it. Really revives the old dungeon crawler genre in a very well executed fashion.
2 warnings though: the game is challenging, not very much difficult but you need to take it seriously.
On the App Store it says that it takes 450mb but after an update that fixes "minor issues" it takes up 1.1GB
It's also definitely worth the sequel of the series, they did a great job and adds even more diversity and other improvements
This could be a great game, but having played rpg games like skyrim, balders gate, etc, I found this game impossible to progress through without walk through websites. If you can't solve the puzzles quickly you run out of food, and I gave up on level 5 after being cornered by a bunch of creates that take 50% health with each trike after taking gold key. Some of the pit puzzles require trial and error and reloading to solve, and puzzles shouldn't be so complex that you need to die to solve them.
The best app game i have ever played
Simply a great game. Cannot wait for next installment - or any other game by these guys. It took my an age to get through the game and had to seek help online but what a game......so sad when i finished it. Kept me gaming for days and weeks....great fun.
- Almost Human Oy
- 1.2 GB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 Almost Human Ltd.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.