LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
By Warner Bros.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience the events of Harry Potter's first four years at Hogwarts – LEGO® style! Also check out LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7, available now!
-Top iPhone Game of 2010 (RPG Category) - TouchArcade***
"This is the game to show your doubting friends as I don't believe a game of this depth or breadth presently exists on the App Store, and certainly not one with the care and attention that the Warner Bros. team have expended on it."(TouchArcade.com)
"Okay, so if you're buying only one game this week, which one should it be? No contest: Lego Harry Potter. It's that good, even if you're not a fan of boy wizards or building blocks."(CNET.com)
"...early impressions seem to indicate that this could be one of the best games currently on the platform."(Kotaku.com)
"LEGO Harry Potter looks razor sharp on a Retina display device."(IGN - 8 out of 10)
"...instantly charming and thoroughly impressive."(PocketGamer - 8 out of 10)
Play as Harry, Ron, Hermione and many more as you explore Hogwarts and engage in countless hours of gameplay spread across 40+ levels based on the Harry Potter books and movies. LEGO® Harry Potter™: Years 1-4 brings the world of LEGO® Harry Potter to life on the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, giving gamers the power to play with LEGO characters and models in a brand new way. Based on the first four Harry Potter books and movies, LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 builds on the foundations of previous LEGO® video games by offering a mix of fun, accessible gameplay and light-hearted humor – appealing to all ages. Players can explore the wizarding world and feel as though they are at Hogwarts.
• The Events of Harry Potter’s First Four Years at Hogwarts – LEGO® style! – including the Triwizard Tournament, the Quidditch World Cup, the Basilisk battle in the Chamber of Secrets, the encounter with Aragog and the face-to-face confrontation with Voldemort himself.
• Stunning Graphics – take advantage of the Retina Display.
• Intuitive Touch-Screen Controls – take complete control over your character to explore, solve puzzles and duel.
• An Authentic Harry Potter Experience:
• Visit Iconic locations – including Diagon Alley, the Forbidden Forest, the village of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts castle – a grand, immersive 3-D environment and the largest, most detailed LEGO® game location ever built.
• Play as over 100 characters – including Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger.
• Attend Hogwarts – cast spells, mix potions, fly on broomsticks and complete hundreds of magical tasks to earn points.
• Character Customization – using hundreds of different LEGO® Harry Potter pieces.
• Classic LEGO® Humor – enjoy the characteristic comedic LEGO® ‘twist’ on events from the fiction.
• Endless Replayability – use ‘Freeplay’ to discover areas of gameplay not accessible in Story Mode.
• Collectables – pick up a huge variety of items throughout the game.
**Check out these other exciting WB apps:
• Scribblenauts Remix
• Tapper World Tour
• Tapper World Tour HD (iPad only)
• Harry Potter: Spells
• LEGO Batman: Gotham City Games
What's New in Version 2.4
Game Center Updates
Ambitious, powerful little application!
I bought this on the App Store as I am a huge Harry Potter fan. I figured that this would be similar to its console counterpart except more simplistic (this is so it can run on the phone device). I am happily wrong. This game is great! The graphics are good for the platform that it's on, the music is great and so is the overall gameplay also. It should be noted that I have some issues with this app also. On start up, you will notice the "Letterbox" video which is slightly distracting and not aesthetically pleasing (in my opinion). Moving the characters around can also be a struggle because of the awkward "follows your finger" method of moving. Not only doesn't this not work well but I've found that my finger is taking up most of the screen just trying to move the character about. Alternatively, the D-pad is there incase you find yourself having troubles with the intended controls. This can occasionally be annoying to use as the pad sticks and won't move unless you leave for a few seconds. This should not be the case for a digital d-pad. Having said all this, the game is great and I would definitely recommend it to others in the future. Worth the £2.99!
A great game.
Let me just say something. If you have bought this and are going to buy years 5-7, DONT! The second Lego Harry Potter is awful! They have changed the view (which on this one is perfect) and changed the controls. They have basically revamped the whole game! V. disappointed... BUT this one is definitely worth your wonga! It gives you the experience of all four movies, visiting Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, Privet Drive etc. completely happy with the graphics, and overall a great game! A shame about the second one though. I'm not really a Potter fan but this has me mesmerised!
Although I am thoroughly enjoying the game, it has crashed a couple of times, which I find incredibly annoying as its usually when I finish a section so I have to complete that section again and it seems to do it on the hardest or most time consuming sections. I would also like to be able to save the game at whatever point I'm at, as I quite often lose data due to being unable to finish the chapter at that point. Other than that, I am enjoying the game and I would fully recommend.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 29 November 2012
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 476 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Warner Bros. Entertainment
- Harry Potter characters, names, and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter publishing rights © JKR WB Games Logo, WB Shield; ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s10)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.