LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
By Warner Bros.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience the events of Harry Potter's first four years at Hogwarts – LEGO® style! Also check out LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7, available now!
-Top iPhone Game of 2010 (RPG Category) - TouchArcade***
"This is the game to show your doubting friends as I don't believe a game of this depth or breadth presently exists on the App Store, and certainly not one with the care and attention that the Warner Bros. team have expended on it."(TouchArcade.com)
"Okay, so if you're buying only one game this week, which one should it be? No contest: Lego Harry Potter. It's that good, even if you're not a fan of boy wizards or building blocks."(CNET.com)
"...early impressions seem to indicate that this could be one of the best games currently on the platform."(Kotaku.com)
"LEGO Harry Potter looks razor sharp on a Retina display device."(IGN - 8 out of 10)
"...instantly charming and thoroughly impressive."(PocketGamer - 8 out of 10)
Play as Harry, Ron, Hermione and many more as you explore Hogwarts and engage in countless hours of gameplay spread across 40+ levels based on the Harry Potter books and movies. LEGO® Harry Potter™: Years 1-4 brings the world of LEGO® Harry Potter to life on the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, giving gamers the power to play with LEGO characters and models in a brand new way. Based on the first four Harry Potter books and movies, LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 builds on the foundations of previous LEGO® video games by offering a mix of fun, accessible gameplay and light-hearted humor – appealing to all ages. Players can explore the wizarding world and feel as though they are at Hogwarts.
• The Events of Harry Potter’s First Four Years at Hogwarts – LEGO® style! – including the Triwizard Tournament, the Quidditch World Cup, the Basilisk battle in the Chamber of Secrets, the encounter with Aragog and the face-to-face confrontation with Voldemort himself.
• Stunning Graphics – take advantage of the Retina Display.
• Intuitive Touch-Screen Controls – take complete control over your character to explore, solve puzzles and duel.
• An Authentic Harry Potter Experience:
• Visit Iconic locations – including Diagon Alley, the Forbidden Forest, the village of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts castle – a grand, immersive 3-D environment and the largest, most detailed LEGO® game location ever built.
• Play as over 100 characters – including Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger.
• Attend Hogwarts – cast spells, mix potions, fly on broomsticks and complete hundreds of magical tasks to earn points.
• Character Customization – using hundreds of different LEGO® Harry Potter pieces.
• Classic LEGO® Humor – enjoy the characteristic comedic LEGO® ‘twist’ on events from the fiction.
• Endless Replayability – use ‘Freeplay’ to discover areas of gameplay not accessible in Story Mode.
• Collectables – pick up a huge variety of items throughout the game.
**Check out these other exciting WB apps:
• Scribblenauts Remix
• Tapper World Tour
• Tapper World Tour HD (iPad only)
• Harry Potter: Spells
• LEGO Batman: Gotham City Games
What's New in Version 2.4
Game Center Updates
A great game.
Let me just say something. If you have bought this and are going to buy years 5-7, DONT! The second Lego Harry Potter is awful! They have changed the view (which on this one is perfect) and changed the controls. They have basically revamped the whole game! V. disappointed... BUT this one is definitely worth your wonga! It gives you the experience of all four movies, visiting Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, Privet Drive etc. completely happy with the graphics, and overall a great game! A shame about the second one though. I'm not really a Potter fan but this has me mesmerised!
I am really really enjoying this game and am currently on year 2. It is definitely worth the price it is as there are a lot more things to do than you would expect from an App Store game!
One problem however, it that there seems to be a glitch when I sometimes jump off things, making me fall through the ground and into a dark area below where I lose a blue coin (making it impossible to get true wizard!) it's happened on the burrow roof and bogin and burks! Please sort it out!!!
Having already played the home console version of the game, I bought this for some entertainment on a long boat journey. What a great decision that was. Engaging, packed full of content and loads of fun to play, I highly recommend this game. It is different to the home console versions but, I believe, the same or very close to the same as its handheld iterations. Very good value for money, excellent game, you won't be disappointed if you choose to purchase.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 29 November 2012
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 476 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Warner Bros. Entertainment
- Harry Potter characters, names, and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter publishing rights © JKR WB Games Logo, WB Shield; ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s10)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.