Levi Roots - Sunshine Food
By Touch Fantastic Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“A gold standard for cookery apps. Well thought-out and brilliantly executed.” -- MacFormat, December 2010 (UK's best-selling Apple magazine)
“★★★★★ A really well thought-out app, bursting with clever features and cheery reggae music to cook to.” -- Tap!, The iPhone and iPad Magazine
“If you’re looking for a professional, curated recipe app and are interested in Caribbean-themed cooking, this is definitely your app!” -- appadvice.com
Featured in T3, Observer Food Monthly, and selected by Apple as top of their list of hot cooking apps of 2010.
Hey! Respect! My new, delicious Caribbean cooking app is here...
I’ve been hard at work coming up with loads of brand new fabulocious recipes for you to enjoy cooking at home. Some even use my mouth-watering Reggae Reggae sauces... which is where this all started of course, back on Dragons Den.
It’s not just about the recipes though - the app’s packed full of great tunes and videos to help get the Rasta’rant going in your kitchen. So what are you waiting for? Put some music in your food!
Sunshine Food helps you:
• Search more than 60 delicious recipes by ingredient, diet or cooking time
• Browse by swiping through stunning full-screen photos
• Choose several dishes to cook together as a ‘menu’
• Select serving size - Sunshine Food scales all the ingredients for you
• Combined shopping list for everything you’re cooking
• Ingredients grouped by areas of the store
• Tick off as you shop
• Metric, Imperial or US measurements
• Follow large step-by-step instructions
• Automatic timers built into each recipe: Levi shouts when it’s done!
• Timings screen to help you:
- cook multiple dishes alongside each other
- stay on schedule with estimated completion time
• 11 music tracks by Levi himself
• 5 videos, including the Reggae Reggae sauce song and how to smash open a coconut
Demo video available at: www.leviapp.com
I bought this yesterday and used it straight away to create what was one of the best meals I have knocked up in a long time! Really easy to follow instructions and the interactive way the app works as you cook is brilliant. I love the timers inherent in the receipes and for a very short while, the music was easy enough on the ear (I hate reggae!). This is the first time I have followed a receipe from start to finish without adding or taking away and it was brilliant.
Really good app and I thoroughly recommend it. I hope that there is a update to it as I note that previous reviewers who have had it for nigh on a year are still waiting. That said, it's early days for me and I have a way to go to get through the meals. Excellent app.
Must buy app!
This is a must buy app, there is so much on here and so much to do. Not only does Levi bring us an amazing sauce but some amazing recipes aswell! It was amazing how he managed to blow the dragons away, but now he will blow you away with these reggae reggae taste bud teasers! App works really well and is well worth the money. Lots of recipes and extras with some really cool little perks like the shopping list ect. Brillaint app and looking forward to some more recipes in the updates to come. Thanks again Levi!!
Unlike other recipe apps from big name chefs this app has never had any updates whatsoever, still sitting at version 1.0 since introduction in sep2010... Whilst the recipes are good I've grown pretty bored as to be honest there is not a huge selection. This app is in my opinion is a premium app @ £3.99 you would've have thought some more content may have been added or maybe they may have adopted the Jamie Oliver approach and added more stuff via in app purchases. Buy if your happy for 30odd recipes for 3.99 it seems you won't be getting anymore.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Released: 23 September 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 112 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Touch Fantastic Ltd
- © 2010 Touch Fantastic Limited & Levi Roots
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.