Life Cycle automatically keeps track of your time and presents your life sorted into slices. It shows you your daily activities, places you go, and who you spend time with. Life Cycle weekly journal provides personalized insights and clarity to your week passed. Start each week with a look back. Remember where you’ve been and vision where you’re going.
Whether you’re just curious of how your time is spent or looking to make a change, Life Cycle is your daily companion, providing you with all the information and insights you need. What’s more - it uses only 1% of your phone’s battery while it seamlessly does the work.
• Automatic - Life Cycle works in the background, recording and sorting what you do as you go about your daily business.
• Less than 1% battery - Life Cycle uses less than 1% of your battery per day as it runs in the background.
• Weekly journal - Weekly insight to activities, accompanied by photos tied to moments passed.
• From a day to a year - view your life day by day, week by week, month by month or even year by year.
• Apple Health - Fully integrated. Imports all activities, mindfulness and sleep data.
• Friends - Connect with your friends on Facebook and see who you’re spending time with, what you’re doing and where.
• Sleep Cycle connection - For accurate sleep data, connect with Sleep Cycle alarm clock through Apple Health. (Life Cycle only reads data from Health, it does not share any data. It reads Sleep Analysis and Steps data.)
• Connect to your Sleep Cycle account - If you have an online backup account with Sleep Cycle, Life Cycle will let you know how your daily habits affect your sleep quality score.
• Backup - Keep your data safe with our backup system. Never worry about losing your Life Cycle logs again.
• Graphs - Beyond the donuts, Life Cycle shows you what you do with your time in detailed graphs for deeper analysis. The visuals gives you insight to if you're spending your time on what’s most important to you.
• Compare trends - see if you’re dropping in sleep hours, if you’re working too much or if you’ve taken longer walks this week. Compare trends over the weeks, months or years.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Life Cycle does not use the GPS in the background, but instead relies on cell tower and Wi-Fi locations. As a result, it consumes less than 1% of your battery per day, when the app runs in the background.
• Life Cycle needs to run in the background to be able to record your data. It only uses 1% of your battery per day when doing so.
• You need to carry your phone with you, for Life Cycle to accurately record and interpret your activities.
• Wi-Fi should be enabled on your phone for tracking to work.
The optional Premium subscription costs $9.99 per year.
Should you choose to subscribe to Life Cycle Premium, the purchase will be charged to your iTunes account. You can manage or cancel your auto-renewable subscription by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. The subscription will be auto-renewed 24 hours before the subscription period ends, with the same kind of subscription you already bought, to the same price. It's not possible to abort the subscription during the time it's active.
Terms of service: http://www.northcube.com/terms-service-life-cycle/
-Improved the handling of unnamed locations under Trends
-Fixed several crash related bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Just the job
No idea where these negative reviews are coming from, although some clearly expect the app to track things is doesn’t even claim to track ?
I find it to be accurate (most of the time) and without a shadow of a doubt outperforms it’s competitors. Take into account the 1% battery drain, weekly summery and comparisons - it’s a must have app for me... well worth the premium membership.
Going forward, would like to see a monthly summery (like the weekly option) and better / enhanced share options. But it’s fair to say, since I downloaded last summer the developers have updated and improved numerous times so hopeful of further enhancements.
OK. Wish it would track my phone use time
I was excited to download and try this app. I love the sister app Sleep Cycle, so had high expectations for this one. I had hoped that Life Cycle would track how much time I spent using my phone during the day to help me realise just how much I'm using it. But it doesn't do that which is a big disappointment. If you've got a regular 9-5 job I'm not really sure this app is worth it. It'll tell you how much time you've spent at home, and how much time you spent commuting to and from work, and how much time you spent at work. If you don't spend much time out of the home when you're not at work this app is kind of a bit pointless.
More helpful than I expected!
So I downloaded this app as I have the sleep cycle app. Was expecting a gimmick where it just gives me my step count for the day and I need to input all the data.
What I have found instead is that once I have recorded a location once it remembers for future reference.
It can be quite inciteful to see how your week is broken up and whether you are wasting time in anyway.
The surprising perk for me though is that it tracks work me. I do a lot of travelling during the day for work and record my location and my time constantly. I've discovered that with this app I don't need to. It just runs in the background and I can recall all the data easily. Like I said it even remembers what I previously did at a place so compiles all of my work locations into one category.
One thing that I recommend for an improvement is an export facility to a spreadsheet, would make my life even easier.
- Sleep Cycle AB
- 22.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Northcube AB
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features with Online Backup £9.49
- Premium Features with Online Backup £4.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.