This is the Lime and Ice Mobile Guide from the North York Moors National Park. This app lets you get the most out of your visit to Sutton Bank National Park Centre. It’s a great way to find out all about the area, and have some fun at the same time.
The countryside around Sutton Bank is one of Britain’s best-kept secrets. It’s easy to get away from the crowds. There are ruined abbeys and castles, ancient monuments, teetering crags, sweeping views, quaint villages, famous landmarks and rolling hills waiting to be discovered.
There are four trails in this app that accompanies you around the area, giving you facts, photos and a quiz to take part in.
The first trail starts in the pretty village of Kilburn, and takes you through rolling fields and woods to lovely Scotch Corner Chapel.
The second trail is a favourite with everyone. It’s the classic walk from Sutton Bank to the famous White Horse of Kilburn and back along the escarpment edge.
The third trail features one of Yorkshire’s scenic treasures, Lake Gormire, and a glorious stretch of the Cleveland Way.
All three trails feature a fun trivia quiz. Look for clues in the landscape around you and test your knowledge of the North York Moors.
Trail number four is a chance for a family challenge! Find the trail posts dotted around the National Park Centre grounds and try to answer all the questions before anyone else.
Why not commemorate your visit to Sutton Bank by sending a virtual postcard to your friends or family?Personalise your virtual postcard by taking a photo of yourself against one of the many stunning landmarks or beautiful backdrops or alternatively choose from our selection of the best photos of the area. You can Then send your virtual postcard directly from your phone.
We hope you have a great time. Happy exploring!
* The mapping element requires the built-in GPS of the phone or tablet device;
* The postcard requires you to have an email set up on your device and a data connection to send the email;
* Due to the nature of this app we ask you to be careful whilst walking around the area. You will be crossing roads and walking through public spaces so please be vigilent of hazards and obstacles. You are fully responsible for your actions whilst playing this game and by playing the game you hold the North York Moors National Park Authority and all subsideries harmless for any and all subsequent consequences of your actions;
* Please report any issues by email so we can continue to improve your experience.
- improved postcard
- fixed minor issues
Ratings and Reviews
Fire and nice!
A great little app, made with much thought and care to include items of interest for all ages. A good intro to what the area has to offer the visitor.
Four walks are described for the area around the Kilburn White Horse, the view from which must be the best in the whole of England. Each walk is described in detail with an interactive map where you can find your own position! The walks vary from an easy stroll suitable for children to a moderate walk down (and back up) to Lake Gormire.
Well done you guys at NYMNP - and well done to everyone responsible for the Sutton Bank visitor centre and exhibits which is a must see if you are anywhere in the area. The cafe even does a superb light meals and snack menus!
Took this and did the Kilburn walk the trivia and descriptions were good and helped pass the time as we walked the steep hills
The app crashes a lot and there is no quiz.
- Imagemakers Design and Consultancy Ltd
- 35.6 MB
- Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012, North York Moors National Park Authority
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.