By Belledonne Communications SARL
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Linphone is an open source internet phone or Voice Over IP phone (VoIP), compatible with the SIP protocol.
Linphone can be used with a large number of SIP-compatible VoIP service providers.
If you subscribe a VoIP to PSTN (=classic telephony) account to a telecom provider, you can reach everyone that has a "classic" phone line.
Alternatively, linphone.org provides free SIP accounts to make audio & video calls over the internet at no cost.
List of supported features:
-Audio with the following codecs: speex (narrow band and wideband), G711 (ulaw,alaw),ILBC, GSM, SILK, G722, OPUS, AAC-ELD
- Secured call (SIP TLS/SRTP/ZRTP)
- Video with the VP8 codec (H264 & MPEG4 on demand )
- AVPF RFC support for network resilience
- Multiple calls
- Audio conferencing
- Address book integration
- Call history
- DTMF (telephone tones) support using SIP INFO or RFC2833
- Text messaging
What's New in Version 2.2.4
Lots of changes for this version, brace yourselves:
- iPhone 6/6+ are now supported at full resolution
- Improved translations and a new language (Arabic) with support of RTL UI
- Lots of polish for iOS8 render
- The app is now built with arm64
- New "Send logs" action for problems debugging
- There is now a search bar in the contact list
- You can configure a voicemail address to call when long press on "1"
- Lots of bugfixes
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 26 January 2015
- Version: 2.2.4
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, Russian
- Developer: Belledonne communications
- © 2014 Belledonne communications
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.