Liquid | Author
By The Liquid Information Company Limited
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The Liquid | Author word processor provides a minimalist visual environment with powerful controls:
• Automatic Outline. Pinch to collapse the text using your trackpad to see just the Headings and then click in the left hand margin to re-arrange the Headings at will.
• Quick Citation Creation. Select text and cmd-t to add citations for academic papers, books, web and even live video.
• Quick Citation Check. Click to see the source, including having video citations play inside Author, from the moment cited.
• Export to Plain Text, RTF & Word with automatic appending of citations in References at the end of the document.
• Instant Find with cmd-f on selected text changes the document to only show sentences with the selected for text.
• ‘About This Document’ is on the flip side which the user can get to by doing two finger swipe horizontally. This view is what documents which cite this document will use.
• ESC to go into *and* out of full screen, which seems like a detail but is very helpful when going between focused writing and interacting with many documents. All commands have easy to remember keyboard shortcuts and you can ctrl-click on text to check what options are available, such as cmd-1 to make turn the text into a top level heading and cmd-t to cite a reference and so on.
• Reading/Edit Modes for specific interactions to make both modes more powerful and pleasant, such as spacebar to move down a screen in Read mode.
cmd- / cmd+ to scale all the text. User cannot change colour or size of specific text in Author, only bold and italic, since Author is a writing application, not a layout application so therefore gives the user less things to unproductively feel with when they write and edit.
• Modern Architecture including auto saving and everything else you would expect from a modern, native macOS application including iCloud Drive (sync with Author iOS in the future).
• Warm background to reduce eye strain. Note that in full screen mode your eyes will quite quickly adjust to the cast so you will enjoy the benefit without really noticing anything different.
• Integrated Liquid for advanced text interaction in Author and in all your Mac applications. This is a separate download, please click on ‘Liquid’ in the list on the right here in the App Store.
• Support. Please feel free to contact me with questions, suggestions and of course, bug reports directly to me: email@example.com or https://twitter.com/liquidizer Author is a product of passion for the possibilities of interactive text - this is just the start. For more information please visit www.liquid.info
What's New in Version 12
Polished based on user feedback based on the initial release.
Unique, delightful ‘words processor'
There are many word processors, but this is the only ‘WORDS processor.’ Liquid Author is designed specifically and carefully to help craft your thoughts as well-structured writing – and nothing more. It presents a clean writing space with simple keyboard shortcuts for adding header (section) tagging, simple styling and lists, web links... and that magic ingredient for any academic writer: citations! Want an overview of your document? Pinch in to collapse down to just the headlines (aka ‘Contents' view), pinch out to jump back. The Escape key jumps in AND out of full-screen mode for distraction-free writing, and there’s a discreet live word count at the bottom. It uses its own .liquid file format, but internally it’s based on RTF; standards-based and extractable.
If you’re a writer, this is designed for you. It does just the core things writers need, and it does them very well.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 22 September 2017
- Version: 12
- Size: 7.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Liquid Information Company Limited
- © Frode Hegland
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor