"I have tried them all and this is my and my kids favorite tracing app bar none!"
Endorsed by tens of thousands of satisfied parents, teachers, and kids the world over.
Little Writer is a tracing app that's done just right. Little Writer is super fun and so easy to use that your kids will think letter tracing is a game vs. a boring chore.
WHY PARENTS AND TEACHERS LOVE THIS APP
● The app is so easy to use that even toddlers will enjoy playing with
● The app is beautifully designed and just a joy to look at and use
● You can turn individual items ON or OFF and introduce one letter at a time based on the player skills
● You can customize everything - record your own language or add your own words
● Adding pictures and names of family and friends to write is a hit with every child
● The app also includes a collection of basic shapes to draw since handwriting require the same core skills
● The app comes preloaded with dozens of three and four letter words to write
WHY KIDS WILL LOVE IT TOO
● This app is just FUN.
● Tracing the along the lines and collecting all the apples and fishes is a pure joy for every child
● Gorgeous graphics and cute sounds keep kids begging for more
● Kids love hearing everything in mommy's or daddy's voice
● The app is super easy to use for kids of all ages and abilities.
● ABC uppercase letters
● abc lowercase letters
● Numbers 1 to 10
● 20 basic shapes including lines, circles, rectangles and more
● Dozens of 3 and 4 letter words to make practice more enjoyable and interesting
● Ability to add an unlimited number of your own words and pictures for maximum enjoyment and variety
● Additional letters for foreign language characters. Just go to settings to turn additional characters on and record their sound
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed settings bug that was preventing changes from being saved for some users
Ratings and Reviews
Try as we might my wife and I could barely get our 5 year old daughter (who is diagnosed with ASD) to focus on practicing her writing for more than a few minutes a day. Then we discovered this app - what a revelation! She's really taken to 'Little Writer', so much so that she often requests to 'play writing' without prompting. It's so wonderful to see that she's having fun and learning at the same time. I can't thank the developers of this app enough!
Tip: I thoroughly recommend investing in a special stylus that is designed for the iPad so that your child can continue to use this app and learn to write using a pen once they've got the hang of tracing letters using their finger.
Amazing teaching resource
Wow! What a fantastic app. As a teacher with a special needs class I wanted an app to support letter formation (the iPads are a big motivation). I was happy with the tracing function but not overly impressed with American pronunciation until... In the settings you can record all of the letter sounds yourself!!! Hooray! Even more impressive you can add your own words with picture and recording. I've added high frequency and tricky words. I let the kids loose on it tomorrow... Can't wait :)
Great little app!
I recently bought this for my three year old, and with many apps after I downloaded it, I though 'oh no, it's American', with American voice and pronunciations. Annoying! UNTIL I discovered I could record my own word and letter pronunciations to change them from 'BEE' for 'B', to sounds like 'KICKING K....etc. Great! You can also add your own words, so you can input their name for example. I'm pretty sure this was free? A great app even if it was 69p :-)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.