By Pearl Young
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Share your soundworld live!
Liveshout is a mobile streaming app that allows for single or simultaneous multiple user broadcast. Liveshout works with Icecast streaming technology which allows for flexibility both in terms of access and usage. The app is designed for locative media, sound and transmission art practitioners as well as amateur broadcasters.
Stream live soundwalks with high quality audio, collect multiple audio live streams for concert presentation or recording, use it as a baby monitor and much more… Try it and let us know about your projects using Liveshout!
List of Features :
– High quality mono one-way stream
– Ogg encoding
– Based on Icecast streaming server technology
– Single or simultaneous multiple user broadcast architecture
– Streams accessible though embedded web player, pure data or VLC
– Works with wifi or 3G networks
– Compatible built in or external iPhone microphones for high quality audio capturing
For more information, user manual and links to projects using Liveshout please visit http://www.somasa.qub.ac.uk/~liveshout
Liveshout was commissioned by CO-ME-DIA, a Culture 2007 European Union project, developed by Ecliptic Labs and based on research currently being carried out at the Sonic Arts Research Centre, Queen’s University Belfast.
What's New in Version 2.0
* Updated for iOS 7
Needs port inclusion
This app might actually be useful if you were able to configure the port address but without that facility it is useless
I'm sure it's good....but
Can't change icecast server port number from 8000.
Please update to allow the port to be changed from 8000
- Category: Music
- Updated: 12 February 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Pearl Young
- Copyright © 2011 Queen's University Belfast
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.