Determine which Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) hazard categories and conformity assessment modules apply to your pressure equipment using this PED Category Selection tool from Lloyd’s Register.
Pressure equipment for use in the European Union above specified pressure and volume (or nominal diameter) thresholds must be manufactured in accordance with the PED in order to apply the CE marking and meet EU single market requirements. Each piece of pressure equipment above these thresholds must be assigned a hazard category based on what kind of equipment it is, what fluid(s) it will contain, and its pressure and capacity. This determines which conformity assessment modules are available.
Through an easy, step-by-step interface, the Lloyd’s Register PED Category Selector helps clear the confusion about which PED categories apply to your equipment. Details of all the categories and modules are also available.
1. Simple inputs such as design pressure, volume, nominal size.
2. Displays PED category and modules based on type of equipment, fluid and phase.
3. Description of the manufacturer’s and Notified Body’s separate responsibilities in each module.
4. Displays where your pressure equipment sits on the appropriate PED Table.
5. Enables you to contact Lloyd’s Register and locate your nearest PED expert.
6. Links to the PED text and official WGP guidelines.
- Updated for new Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU
- UI improvements
- Updated LR office list
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
An experienced Engineer within construction
I have used this App now for a couple of years now - where I have been required to perform a 'PED Analysis' on more than several occasions.
The process system questions are easy to understand, follow and operate. Then you get the end result. The information and presentation throughout this App is just brilliant and has made such a positive difference when having to perform such an Analysis
Update the logo
Otherwise works well
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.