London: FHM's Rough Guide
By Bauer Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FHM’s Rough Guide to enjoying London
From the best clubs, pubs, bars and live music in the capital to the greatest hotels and shopping experiences to suit any budget, the FHM and Rough Guides London app is an interactive way for you and your mates or you and your girl to make the most of this exciting city.
This app will help you experience London like a Londoner thanks to the unique advice of the FHM and Rough Guide teams and FHM’s friends in all the right places. In fact the FHM team have even given a thumbs up to the select places they themselves like to go.
You might even see them there. They might even buy you a drink.
Easy-to-use GPS mapping for the city centre will ensure you never get lost (or incur any data-roaming charges) as all the main sights are geo-coded on maps contained entirely within the app. Plus, the indecisive traveller can activate the "Lucky Dip" feature, which will suggest ideas for something cool to do based on your choice of activity!
Perfect for pre-trip planning, the app lets you bookmark your favourites to build an itinerary. It’s also ideal for exploring on-the-go.
* Available for iPhone and iPod touch
* EXPLORE the most exciting parts of London with a complete city centre map and links to view the iPhone’s built-in Maps app*
* FIND what you want when you are out and about with GPS coordinates for all bars, hotels, restaurants and shops
* CHOOSE where to go with a 'lucky dip' feature that presents the indecisive party goer with expert suggestions of things to do
* CREATE a list of your favourite points of interest so that they are easy to navigate back to at a later date
* SHARE specific points of interest via e-mail
* VIEW all the images within the app in one place with a gallery feature
*A Wi-Fi- only device, such as an iPod touch, will need to be connected to a wireless Wi-Fi network to be able to determine your current location. All iPhone models, however, are GPS enabled, and should be able to determine your position at any time, even when Data Roaming is disabled.
Should be free for the fhm readers, needs alot more content, has very good potential though, should allow people to comment on each place provided from the app.
- Category: Travel
- Released: 02 June 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 12.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Bauer Corporate Services
- © 2011, Rough Guides Ltd / 2011, FHM
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.