By Appfly Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore London’s history on the streets with a map showing thousands of memorials: including plaques, monuments, statues, etc. commemorating people, events, buildings, and other subjects: the famous, the little-known, the quirky, the war dead .….
The aim of London Remembers is to capture all the memorials in London. It's an aim we don't think we will ever achieve but we are enjoying the challenge! London Remembers focuses on finding the memorials, photographing them, & plotting them on a map and providing a powerful searchable database.
• Over 3,000 memorials in London plotted on an easy to navigate map.
• Directory of over 49,000 people, events, buildings, etc., many custom-researched.
• Photos of every memorial: close-up and in context. Pictures of many of the commemorated subjects.
• Powerful search mechanism - search for topics that interest you and see related memorials around London, such as World War 2, Dickens, your grandfather….
• Not just plaques and statues, also: ghost bikes, murals, fountains, etc.
• Filter your results by: type of memorial, by postcode, by category e.g. Cinema, Medicine, and more,
• Filter by Country. Are you French? Find everyone associated with France with a memorial in London, or Venezuala? or….
Caveat: Be aware that London actually has more cars, more rain and less sun than our photos show.
What's New in Version 1.1
Welcome to London Remembers 1.1
We've made lots of minor updates and bug corrections to make your travels in London much more enjoyable.
So far we have found 49,333 subjects (people, events, etc.) on 3,079 memorials, at 2,405 sites.
Great app to help you find out more about the various memorials we see everyday. Would be great if we could suggest ones to be added. For example there are loads of interesting ones in North London that haven't been mentioned. In Tottenham alone we have a stone Medieval Cross (High Cross) various inscribed Troughs, an inscribed wishing well etc etc. Really cool app!
Very helpful if you like history
Good to know where to find a particular memorial location and some little information about.
All you dido is great for everyone who want to know more about london