London Tube Map and Guide - Live train departure and line status
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Add a handy London Tube Map to your iPhone or iPad! A tube map is essential for any visit to London and this app contains the latest map from Transport for London (the version with travel zones). It also has a route planner, nearest tube finder, live status and departure boards, plus a list of over 200 places of interest accessible by Tube.
Summary of Features
● Latest London Tube Map provided by TfL
● Route Planner
● Quick access to departure info
● Travel Zones displayed on map
● Live status of Tube lines
● Live departure information is available for selected stations
● Complete browsable list of Tube stations
● Find nearby stations on a local map
● Weekend line closures
● Points of Interest for over 200 places in London
Latest App Store reviews:
"Excellent App. Makes travelling in London a piece of cake!"
"A great app and very reliable!"
London Tube Guide works on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad and is compatible with iOS 4, iOS 5 and iOS 6.
Please note: The route planner, tube map, station list and places list will all operate without an Internet connection. A GPS signal is required for the station finder feature. An internet connection is required for the live line status and departures information and for viewing websites.
What's New in Version 2.4
PLEASE NOTE: This update requires iOS 4.3 or higher.
● Tube Map update from TfL
● Overground departures added
● Fixed: Tube stations now shown when using Apple Maps (iOS 6 and higher)
● Fixed: Turnham Green departure information added for District line
● App accepts transit routing request from built-in Maps app (iOS 6 and higher)
Not so good
Attractions and stuff better be around the tube, otherwise is not listed. There are only a handful of embassies for instance.
Walking directions: when moving the map, the blue path line disappears.
On both maps views there is no button to find out your current location. It will only tell you where is your nearest station and with a different process, you can find out how to walk there only - no buses. To find out your current location you have to rely to a different app and then refer back to this one.
Basically it's not very user friendly for now. If I knew, I would have saved the money.
London Underground Railway System
Great. I like the updates.
Can you now produce an app for bus services, their routes and frequency of service? This is of more use to us, the nearest underground is Elephant & Castle a 30 minute bus journey away.
Excellent tube guide
This is a very useful app for travelling the tube. The planner is great and it shows walking routes to local stations. Highly recommended
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 03 July 2013
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 5.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Brainflash Ltd
- © 2013 Brainflash Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.