Loot is a digital current account designed to help you better manage your money. The app comes with a contactless Mastercard® card and its features give you more insight into your spending.
If you’re struggling to put money aside for your next holiday, night out, university books or for the month in general - Loot can help you keep track of your spending.
Why use Loot?
• Open your account in under 8 minutes
• Receive your transparent contactless Mastercard® with UK account number and sort code within 7 days
• Add money to your Loot account using Apple Pay, a debit card or overseas payment
• Send and receive payments from other bank accounts
• Make quick and easy payments to friends with Loot accounts
• Deposit money into your Loot account from over 100 currencies
• Spend abroad using your card with the Mastercard exchange rate without paying any additional fees
• Create weekly budgets to keep track of your spending
• View your real-time transaction list and balance
• Receive instant push notifications for transactions
• Set #LootGoals so you can put aside money for something special
• Always stay in control of your account by instantly pausing/unpausing your card
• Your security and trust is our highest priority, we never take risks with your money
• Your Loot card is a Mastercard and is protected by Mastercard rules
• We have bank-grade security with 256-bit data encryption
And there is more to come… we are building new features for the app so watch this space!
Who’s been talking about us?
• The Times
• The Telegraph
• Save The Student
• This is Money
• The Economist
Know more about your spending, do more with your money.
Download Loot now!
The Loot prepaid MasterCard is issued by Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd (“WDCS”) pursuant to licence by MasterCard International Inc. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. WDCS is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to conduct electronic money service activities under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (Ref: 900051).
In this version, we’ve made some bug fixes and performance improvements.
We have another update coming soon with new features you’ve been asking for, stay tuned!
Love using Loot? Leave us a review and let us know why.
Have a question? Please contact us via the in-app chat and our support team will be happy to help!
Ratings and Reviews
Needs to improve and be more transparent
The concept is great for saving money because it's literally out of your balance so you don't put it together with money you can spend. Initially I was not aware I opened a current account or was receiving a card as I thought I had to register before all that occurred. In the apps page before registering theses steps should be explained before going further. I really liked the way my card looked and the way it arrived hopefully it works. Maybe you can expand into bonuses for hitting your loot goals so your not essentially burying your money in the ground and it being a bit like a savings account. That's the only thing that's keeping me from putting all my money here as my other current account gives me £10 a month for just using it and 3% interest on my balance.
Had this account for almost a year, the software behind it is good no real issues. But the security, customer service and terms and conditions are appalling. I lost my card and 15 unauthorised transactions totalling over £300 took place(even though the limit is meant to be £150). There is no way to speak to anyone and you have to rely solely on the in app messaging service to contact an employee. There is no way to speak to a manager. I reported it straight away providing a crime reference number thought the in app messaging service. 20 days later I still have no money back when I asked why they said it was ‘an unusually large amount so it will take 45 days’ I explained that t should have been stopped before they were able to take out so much money she said ‘loot never claimed to have this level of service’. Unfortunately this good service was ruined by an incompetent customer service team. Will I receive my money back who knows 🤷🏿♂️
Very very happy with my account been using it now for about 10 month and had no problems. Any issues I have had I’ve messaged the team in the chat on the app and they’ve gotten back in touch within the hour no matter what day it is or what time it is. I opened this account because my credit rating is absolutely horrendous and most banks won’t touch me but Loot accepted me straight away and I love the security. Could probably add the option to be able to have a £10 overdraft limit for when times are possibly hard or maybe when your due a payment in but it hasn’t cleared. Other than that I’m one happy customer. Cheers guys and girls!
- Loot Financial Services Ltd
- 141.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Loot Financial Services Ltd
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.