Loughborough Wave Lab
By Daniel Browne
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Loughborough Wave Lab is an educational learning app designed to aid students in their understanding of electromagnetic wave concepts in an engaging and entertaining way!
• Virtual pond
• Persistent Sinusoidal Pulses
• Virtual Ripple Tank
• Waveguide Simulator
• Young's Double Slit Experiment
• Custom Simulation Mode
Loughborough Wave Lab is intended to accompany teaching on Electromagnetic phenomena and to provide students with an interactive way of seeing these principles in action!
Educators can now author their own custom simulation files, upload them to a web server and then have Loughborough Wave Lab execute the simulations using a WiFi or cellular data connection to download the configurations and display them to the user. This uses the new, open-source configuration standard CEML which has been introduced by the developer (available at www.github.com/danielrbrowne/CEML)
What's New in Version 4.7.1
Performance and Stability:
• Resolves an oversight where the new number-pad style keyboards for the wavelength text fields in the Config screen on iPhone could not be dismissed.
• Resolves a crash that happened when saving new wavelength values in certain circumstances.
• Resolves a bug where the tutorial view was not hidden if no taps had happened before the user changed to an auto-running simulation from the Config screen.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 02 September 2017
- Version: 4.7.1
- Size: 16.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Daniel Browne
- © 2010 - 2017 Loughborough University
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.