Amazon Instant Video / UK
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instantly stream thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost with an Amazon Prime membership. You can also watch any video rented or purchased from tens of thousands of titles available from Amazon Instant Video.
Prime members can watch exclusive Amazon Originals like Transparent - winner of two Golden Globes for "Best TV Series, Musical or Comedy" and "Best Actor in a TV Series, Musical or Comedy" - the new hit show, Mozart in the Jungle, plus children’s series Creative Galaxy and Tumble Leaf.
With Amazon Instant Video, you can:
• Stream thousands of Prime Instant Video titles at no additional cost with a Prime membership, or watch videos you’ve bought or rented from the Amazon Instant Video website.
• Download purchased and rented videos from Your Video Library for offline viewing on holiday, your commute, or when a Wi-Fi connection is unavailable;
• Watch on your Apple TV using AirPlay (requires iOS 6 or later and Apple TV 2nd generation or later).
• Watch on your TV using HDMI and your Apple Digital AV Adapter (requires iOS 6 or later).
• Watch Prime-exclusive titles and Amazon Originals that you won’t find anywhere else.
The Amazon Instant Video app requires a Wi-Fi connection to stream videos. Streaming over a cellular connection isn’t supported, but you can watch your downloaded videos without a Wi-Fi connection. The Amazon Instant Video app is designed for an unmodified version of iOS.
What's New in Version 2.9.8
• A snapshot of the scene you are scrubbing to is now available as part of the playback experience
• Improved playback stability
Good but needs to work with 4g
A nice, easy to use app. Video quality is excellent. It's a shame that we lucky 4G users can't take advantage of our higher baud rates though. The restriction to wifi only made sense for the slower 3G, but 4G is much faster, and other similar video streaming apps allow it.
I rarely rate apps generally because I think they ought to support the features they purport and be bug free. However I will make an exception for this one. The player is the worst playback app of any type I have ever used. It suffers from playback errors, network errors, search failures. Common features which other apps support by default aren't supported, like chromecast. All in all it's a terrible piece of software which the developers should be ashamed to out their names to.
I love this app and use it most days to watch shows on my iphone 5s via my wifi connection. It works perfectly and has a really well designed interface. Highly recommended
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 04 February 2015
- Version: 2.9.8
- Size: 38.6 MB
- Languages: En, German, Japanese
- Developer: LOVEFiLM
- © 2014 Amazon
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.