Amazon Instant Video / UK
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instantly stream thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost with an Amazon Prime membership. You can also watch any video rented or purchased from tens of thousands of titles available from Amazon Instant Video.
Prime members can watch exclusive Amazon Originals like Transparent - winner of two Golden Globes for "Best TV Series, Musical or Comedy" and "Best Actor in a TV Series, Musical or Comedy" - the new hit show, Mozart in the Jungle, plus children’s series Creative Galaxy and Tumble Leaf.
With Amazon Instant Video, you can:
• Stream thousands of Prime Instant Video titles at no additional cost with a Prime membership, or watch videos you’ve bought or rented from the Amazon Instant Video website.
• Download purchased and rented videos from Your Video Library for offline viewing on holiday, your commute, or when a Wi-Fi connection is unavailable;
• Watch on your Apple TV using AirPlay (requires iOS 6 or later and Apple TV 2nd generation or later).
• Watch on your TV using HDMI and your Apple Digital AV Adapter (requires iOS 6 or later).
• Watch Prime-exclusive titles and Amazon Originals that you won’t find anywhere else.
The Amazon Instant Video app requires a Wi-Fi connection to stream videos. Streaming over a cellular connection isn’t supported, but you can watch your downloaded videos without a Wi-Fi connection. The Amazon Instant Video app is designed for an unmodified version of iOS.
What's New in Version 2.9.8
• A snapshot of the scene you are scrubbing to is now available as part of the playback experience
• Improved playback stability
Can't watch on big screen with family but v good to watch alone on iPad.
Play fine when watch by myself on iPad but it's impossible to watch anything for more than 5mins when watching on Apple TV with air play. So rest of the family can't watch anything with me. Which is the reason I had it in the first place. Plus I don't understand why it's not compatible with galaxy tab 2 when netflix is. With that said the fact that it streams brand new episodes of shows like vikings while sky are only just starting season 2 convinces me to keep it for now. As well as netflix. But I will need to decide which one to keep and which one to drop soon. Please sort the AirPlay out so I can watch things on a big screen with rest of family. Then I would give 5 stars and keep subscription without question
Amazons instant video lets you watch anything that is selected in the 'prime' section. Personally I would recommend this to all users! But unfortunately the app has let itself down recently as I haven't been able to watch anything right from films to series. Extremely disappointed with this as some of the best programmes have now been added.
Overall I would highly recommend it, but the problem needs to be sorted soon and fast! Before any more viewers will have the same problem.
Don't let the negative reviews put you off, this app is great. Easy to scroll through movies and shows and see what they are about. The watch list is really useful for keeping track of things you want to watch, separated into movies and shows, and videos can be resumed from a certain point even after closing the app. Only complaint I would have is that the rentals should be separate from the free options.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 04 February 2015
- Version: 2.9.8
- Size: 38.6 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese
- Developer: LOVEFiLM
- © 2014 Amazon
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.