Amazon Video / UK
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instantly stream movies and TV shows. Amazon Video includes thousands of movies and TV episodes available on Prime Video at no additional charge to Prime members, as well as access to tens of thousands of titles to buy or rent. Prime members can instantly stream tens of thousands of titles including award-winning Amazon Original Series like the multi Golden Globe winning comedy Transparent and the multi Emmy award-winning kid’s series Tumble Leaf, to iPhones and iPads. In addition, select titles are available to download for offline viewing at no additional charge. You can also access titles you bought or rented from the catalogue of hundreds of thousands of titles including new release movies and current TV shows, to stream or download to your iPhone or iPad.
With Amazon Video:
• Stream thousands of titles available on Prime Video at no additional charge to Prime members, with select titles available for download and offline viewing
• Access to tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes you bought or rented including new release movies or the latest TV programming, with the ability to download titles for offline viewing
• Stream movies and TV shows even without Wi-Fi, with cellular streaming functionality
• Watch on your Apple TV using AirPlay (requires Apple TV 2nd generation or later)
• Watch on your TV using HDMI and your Apple Digital AV Adapter
• Stream the first episode of selected TV shows for free. First Episode Free videos include advertising before and during your videos
• Add videos to Your Watchlist from any Amazon Video compatible device for later viewing on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
The app is designed for an unmodified version of iOS.
What's New in Version 3.2.3
Easily access your downloaded Prime Movies & TV Shows by tapping the new “Downloads” tab – you can sort by Movies or TV, and organise by download date or alphabetic order
Excellent Service, great price...
I enjoy using the mobile version of the app in particular. Prime video seems to work better on mobile than on my Mac. I can also watch TV shows like Mr. Robot anywhere on my Tablet using my personal hotspot via my phone. I can go to Central London, and if I can't get a public wifi signal for the Tablet I use the hotspot and tune in. Data's not a problem I'm unlimited, using the hotspot is free of charge (included in my carrier contract), and I carry a battery pack. This is how the mobile culture should work, no barriers, unlimited viewing, anywhere, no need to miss a thing, wherever you are. Did I mention the annual charge for Prime Instant Video..? Why complain..?
For the most part this app is great, but the lack of picture-in-picture support on the iPad is not acceptable. Sometimes I want to watch a film in picture-in-picture mode so I can surf the web, play a game or do some emails.
Also, on the iPhone there are no on-screen volume controls and on the iPad the controls are at the top which is not good UI design considering the user's thumbs are normally at the bottom of the device and Apple's standard video player component has the volume controls at the bottom. There's a reason Apple made it an easy to reach control guys...
Anyway, overall the app streams really well and the film and TV selection is pretty good (if lacking in Star Trek and Classic Doctor Who).
Roll on whatever Clarkson, May and Hammond are working on...
Good app, a few problems
This app does what it says well. Watching what you want is easy to do, and the interface is easy to navigate. However, I find it annoying I have to go out the app to buy or rent things, and I've had a few bugs to do with buffering, and one massive crash where my screen went blue and the iPhone restarted. Fix these issues, and this app will be amazing!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 06 October 2015
- Version: 3.2.3
- Size: 34.7 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese
- Developer: LOVEFiLM
- © 2015 Amazon
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.