Lumina allows you to experience the NET Bible with all of its notes for free and in a visually friendly and intuitive way.
- Read the New English Translation (NET) Bible like the book that it is, by swiping through its pages without worrying about chapter boundaries.
- Tap the current passage title to change passages.
- Learn and grow by reading the 58,506 translators’ notes and the associated Bible cross references in popups.
- Highlight/underline passages of interest.
- Bookmark your favorite passages by tapping a verse number.
- Take notes that are tied to verses by tapping a verse number.
- Sync your highlights, notes, and bookmarks with lumina.bible.org and other iOS devices running this App.
- See an indication of your notes when reading the text.
- Search the bible using our fuzzy search that doesn't require you to know all of the words or even the translation it came from.
- Share verses via Twitter, Facebook, Email, and Messaging by tapping a verse number.
- Choose books by using a grid, canonical list, or alphabetical list of books. Force Touch a Book/Chapter to go directly to it.
- Two-finger swipe left/right to navigate your history during sermons and Bible studies.
- Change the font and size of the text.
- Night Reading Mode
The NET Bible is a modern of the Bible with 58,506 translators’ notes! It was completed by more than 25 scholars – experts in the original biblical languages – who worked directly from the best currently available Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts.
Updated the text to the 2nd Edition.
Added the ability to Force Touch on a Book/Chapter in the chooser grid to go directly to that book/chapter.
Added the ability to turn off/on the display of chapter, verse, and note numbers.
Added the Iowan Old Style font
Added support for iPhone X
Improved the colors and styling of night mode.
Improved the performance of paging through the text.
Add split-view support for iPad.
Ratings and Reviews
Overall as noted below, this app has been great, but with constant updates of other apps, it appears to simply crash regularly now which is disappointing... Really great work originally
The NET bible is a great translation, there are some really helpful study notes as one reads through this version. The process of choosing fonts, background colour and size are all straightforward as with a kindle.
What is a little frustrating is that it is difficult to remove bookmarked pages, or at least it is not clear how to remove them.
Overall however, a really good and worthwhile app
Awesome, awesome app! Please include (or make one for) the King James Version (KJV). Also, please make each new chapter of each book of the Bible appear on a new page. As it is now, with new chapters starting anywhere on the page (top or middle or bottom), the inconsistency means the experience of using this Bible app is not a pleasant one. This is especially important because this is a softcopy Bible not a hardcopy one. 😊
Please address this. Thank you. 😇😇😇
Seems great so far
I have just downloaded this app. I know that a huge amount of work has gone into it.
Seems good so far, great notes. Not quite as easy to navigate as the ESV app, and the verse number always appear with chapter numbers. Can this be turned off?
The sync option is a clear winner over other apps, so if you put the effort in to save your Sunday sermon notes using this app, at least you can usefully share them with your other devices (Crossway take note!)
Well done so far, I'm sure there are tweaks to come.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.