Get more from your holiday money with Lyk, the prepaid currency card. It’s easy to register – and welcome around the world.
You get great exchange rates plus our handy travel money app to stay on top of all your spending.
Lyk comes with built-in security too – so your holiday money stays safe and secure.
Lyk lets you…
• Withdraw cash almost anywhere, with our low fixed-fee
• If your card goes missing, you’ll have emergency cash with you ASAP
• Get great rates with Lyk and easily transfer between our 10 major currencies, free of charge.
• Customer service 24/7 - just call 0800 0232943
• Use Contactless and Apple Pay anywhere it’s available
Once you download Lyk you can:
• Order your new card and sign up to our service in minutes
• Activate your card when it arrives
• Manage and check your prepaid Mastercard balance across up to 10 currencies
• View all your transaction history and filter by activity
• Move money and spend across 10 currencies with no fees
• Top up on-the-go with a stored payment card
• Block / unblock your card at anytime, anywhere
• Touch ID and passcode log-on for added security
• See your card number, expiry date and CVV on screen
• Reset your password and edit your contact details
• Contact us by phone or email anytime
For happy holiday spending, get Lyk – your prepaid travel card.
Bug fix to increase device compatibility.
Ratings and Reviews
Money, no problem.
Having read the dire reviews of this card I was very worried about taking it abroad. “It doesn’t work, you can’t get money out and nobody accepts it!” seemed the mantra. Well I can assure you it works perfectly well and is very acceptable!
I downloaded the app but also did my on-line registration on my Mac, which was very straightforward. I could easily have registered it via the app. The money I had already put on it was in my account but I decided to put more money in via my debit card. It was very straightforward again. I also set up payment via my bank and transferred money-again no problem!
In Italy a few days later I paid for some shopping contactless and it worked immediately. Later I got money out of an ATM and this was fine. I was advised that there would be a €2.95 charge for doing this but the travel agent had already advised me of this and I have no objections- costs have got to be covered. When I transferred money I was advised during the process that funds could take up to 5 days to transfer so there has to be a degree of planning ahead. My advice is load the card with roughly what you think you will spend before you go, and use your credit card for really big expenses. If topping up allow the 5 days, but check the amount on the card via the app.
So don’t be put off by these negative reviews. I don’t think they are fair to what is a very handy, dependable card.
Used in 4 countries
I have used this card in Greece, Italy, Poland and America. I have had no trouble making both withdrawals at an ATM and using the card in restaurants. The app worked fine and I just log in using my finger print and top up my card instantly and check my balance and transactions. People are leaving 1* reviews because they’re clearly too incompetent to use the app correctly. If you register online and set it up properly then the app is great, I love being able to top my money up abroad in an instant without worrying about debit card charges! Loving the Lyk card.
Most Stressful App Ever
There are 27 x 1* ratings and 6 x 5* - that says it all. If only I’d read ALL the reviews before I bought the Lyk card. What a stressful 2 days I’ve had, spent several wasted hours on the phone to the so called helpline - no one could get my card to work. Then after a stressful morning at the counter in Thomas Cook, and 3 more separate people going through all the checks again, I have now been promised the money back in dollars, otherwise I would lose over £100 if I accepted the buy back price in GBP. This app obviously works sometimes, but my advice would be NOT to risk it. The software is obviously not reliably up to the required standard.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.