Skype for Business, formerly Lync 2013 for iOS, extends the power of Lync and Skype to your favorite mobile device: voice & video over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
Initiate a group IM or video conversation and invite additional participants
Join, rejoin and initiate a Skype for Business Meeting to communicate and collaborate on amazing ideas
Simultaneously view shared content and speaker's video during a conference
Control the meeting (mute or remove attendees) and know more about participants’ modalities
Look at your upcoming meetings and join via one click
Find your recent conversations and pick them up from where you left off
Search your contacts by name, email, or phone number
Enhanced security via Active Directory Authentication Library
Anyone can use the Skype for Business for iOS app when invited to a Skype for Business or Lync 2013 meeting. However, you must have a Skype for Business or Lync account in order to use (and enjoy) the full capability of the Skype for Business app. Also, some functionality might require an update to Lync or Skype for Business Server or might not be available to all users. If you’re not sure about your account status, please contact your IT department.
IMPORTANT: THIS SOFTWARE REQUIRES CONNECTIVITY TO VALIDLY LICENSED COPIES OF MICROSOFT LYNC OR SKYPE FOR BUSINESS SERVER OR OFFICE 365 / LYNC ONLINE / SKYPE FOR BUSINESS ONLINE AND WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT IT. UPDATES TO MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER OR SKYPE FOR BUSINESS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR PROPER PERFORMANCE. SOME FUNCTIONALITY MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL COUNTRIES. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT YOUR COMPANY’S LICENSE TO AND/OR DEPLOYMENT OF LYNC OR SKYPE FOR BUSINESS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR IT DEPARTMENT. SKYPE FOR BUSINESS APP IS ONLY AVAILBLE FOR iOS 8.0 OR GREATER.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Full of bugs
1. If you use skype on your desktop and do not close conversations there, and then you log on to this app on your iPhone, it shows them as “Missed Conversations” with the timestamp when you logged in. So you actually don’t know if you have a genuine missed conversation or not.
2. A pre scheduled meeting in your outlook calendar is fully integrated with this app. So you can click a button and join the conversation. However if the meeting runs longer than its supposed to and lets say you get kicked out for whatever reason and need to get back in, it is simply not possible.
3. If the other party in your meeting is using skype on their desktop and they share their screen, it only appears as a tiny box on the bottom left corner of your phone. The resolution and rendering is probably the worst I’ve seen.
I started using this app when I recently moved roles.
I am unable to have a designated work phone (and quite frankly not sure I want one now) as this streamlined the whole process, making it quick and easy to respond to work queries whilst on the go anywhere.
Now with iPhone X support it just got a whole lot better in my opinion. The only issue I still seem to have is with messages. It seems to take a few minutes still for meetings and messages to carry up, but is getting better. Good job and almost at five stars!!!
Wow. Just wow.
Sometimes you have to take a step back and look at how incredible things we take for granted are...
Just had a conference call with three people in Holland whilst walking down the road.
They were crystal clear on speaker, I was easily able to mute myself when a truck went past and I could even see the Excel workbook we were discussing and punch and zoom it to look at key elements of the plan.
To top it off, I was even able to switch out to the Starbucks app and pay for my coffee with it whilst still listening in to the conference discussion.
The confluence of technologies that has to come together to make all this work is really incredible and the Skype for Business cloud PBX and App for iPhone that front it has finally come of age to make it a genuine first class citizen in my daily comms routine.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 148.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.