Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app requires a lynda.com membership.
Learn anywhere, any time with the redesigned lynda.com app for iPhone and iPad.
Log in to your lynda.com account to access training videos that teach photography, design, web and interactive design, business, 3D, audio, and much more.
Your activity syncs across devices, so if you watch a course on your iPad, it's tracked in your account and you can easily pick up where you left off from your computer or iPhone, and vice versa.
This app uses the Apple HTTP live streaming (HLS) technology, which updates the video quality based on your device's current connection speed. Our videos should load quickly and transition smoothly. For the highest-quality playback, watch our videos over a Wi-Fi connection.
• Access to all course videos, organized by subject, software, author, and new releases
• Download courses and watch them offline
• Streamlined search experience
• Easy login for all membership types, including schools and businesses
• AirPlay streams course videos to your TV screen
• Auto-play an entire course or watch videos individually
• HLS adaptive streaming (quality automatically adjusts based on network connection)
• Course history is tracked in your account, no matter how you access lynda.com
• Save and rearrange courses you want to watch with the playlists feature
• iPhone 3GS or later; iPod touch 4th generation or later; iPad, iPad 2, or the new iPad
• iOS 6.0 or later
• Connection to 3G, 4G, or WiFi network
What's New in Version 3.0.4
- Bug fix for logout during network switch
- Offline viewing enhancements
The app itself is OK, navigation is good and so is the playlist feature but seriously lacking in some areas.
Don't waste your money on the more expensive subscription that let's you download videos to view off line, downloads keep pausing, stopping and are painfully slow even on a pretty decent broadband connection. Don't know if it's even possible but can't work out how to download just one or two videos either, only the entire course.
Also the videos stop when the ipad goes to sleep, rubbish if you're watching on airplay.
Needs background play support
Do the guys at Lynda.com listen to this feedback? Doesn't seem it to me!
The MOST FRUSTRATING thing with this app is that you can't play videos in the background or even turn of the iPad/iPhone without the video playback stopping. Every other video playback app allows this. This is very important as I often airplay to apple tv to watch the vids on a large screen - great for when sitting in the living room or in the bedroom rather than at a PC. naturally, like every other video app out there, I then want to put the iPad to sleep to conserve battery while I continue watching via airplay. Unfortunately the video playback then stops. Seems pretty poor design.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 15 January 2014
- Version: 3.0.4
- Size: 17.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: lynda.com
- © lynda.com, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.