*** FREE 30 DAY SUBSCRIPTION TRIAL – READ OUR LATEST ISSUE FREE TODAY ***
MacFormat is the UK's best-selling magazine for fans of the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Watch and other Apple devices.
Each issue brings you all the exciting developments from the world of Apple, including reviews of new Macs and iOS devices, and expert advice to solve your technical problems.
Whether you’re a new or long-term Apple user, you’ll learn how to do more with your kit. You’ll also discover the latest and greatest third-party apps and accessories to enhance your skills and experience.
Each issue is jam-packed with features, tutorials, tips and app recommendations to help you get more value from your Apple kit, so you can work more efficiently and creatively.
Join thousands of others and download our free app now!
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on 1 month and 1 year terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. You can cancel your subscription at any point.
Individual issues are priced at:
Single issue £4.99 / $4.99 / €5.49
With subscription prices at:
1 month £2.49 / $2.99 / €2.99
1 year £23.99 / $31.99 / €31.99
Prices subject to change - please check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
• We've rebranded the app with our new logo and updated the messaging system.
• Bookmarking bug fix. Some users reported that bookmarks were flickering which has now been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
The magazine is very good and I have lost count of the number of "oh that's how you do that" moments but I would like the app version to arrive at the same time as the posted hard copy.
It's a bit inconvenient that the mag always opens at the front page rather than where I left off last time but, as hinted at above, I have usually read the hard copy by the time it arrives in digital so I am only looking for specific pages by then.
Awful app - the mag deserves better
This must be the worst, most ill-conceived, cynically money-minded magazine app ever.
Every time you return to the app, it opens at a page trying to get you to buy back issues. This would be simply annoying if you could just close it and return to reading the magazine (the content of which, incidentally, is good). But you can't. You have to find the issue you were reading, re-open it and then try to find the last page you were looking at. Every rucking time!
For heaven's sake. Call yourselves a digital provider? This is either antediluvian or totally, nastily compromised by the commercial department.
Whichever, it doesn't work.
This may be a good Mac mag in print, but there are far better digital Mac mags available. Sort yourselves out.
(I rate the content at three stars but the app experience at minus one star, which explains my overall rating.)
Good magazine content, but really bad digital reader
The magazine content is good, but unfortunately it is really let down by the app for reading digitally. I already subscribe to the print format and added a digital subscription to be able to quickly find old articles etc. But a digital magazine that you can’t search is madness.
As others have commented other basics for a digital magazine are also missing, such as returning to the page you were on before etc.
- Future Publishing Ltd.
- 33.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Future Publishing Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription £2.49
- 1 Year Subscription £23.99
- 6 Month Subscription £13.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.