Mail Plus – Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday for iPad and iPhone
By dmg media ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Mail Plus for iPad and iPhone is the app from the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday with all the Mail's quality content in a format designed specially for the iPad and iPhone.
It delivers the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers, with all your favourite sections and magazines, to your tablet automatically every morning by 6am GMT for HALF the price of the printed newspaper
Mail Plus - FREE for the first 30 days - has extra content that you won’t find in the print edition including
• All the news, features, and columnists of the printed edition – PLUS videos, galleries and stunning 360 degree images that show the world from every angle
• All the best sports coverage – PLUS video and picture galleries
• 26 interactive puzzles including Sudokus and Crosswords and play for prizes competitions in our Coffee Break section
• Your daily TV listings
Then, on Saturday:
• Weekend magazine is packed with celebrity interviews, a comprehensive seven-day TV guide, your horoscope for the week from Jonathan Cainer, lots of great recipes and Monty Don’s gardening guide
And, on Sunday:
• You — Britain's best weekly magazine for women packed with fashion, beauty, real life, recipes and Liz Jones’ diary
• Event magazine has the very best of entertainment and culture with columns by Chris Evans and Piers Morgan
It's free to download the Mail Plus app, but to enjoy the full experience you must subscribe.
Mail Plus costs just £2.99 a week or £9.99 a month – that's half the price of the printed newspaper! If you opt for a monthly subscription, you'll get Mail Plus FREE for the first 30 days.
Although you're choosing a payment option, you only start paying after the first month (and can cancel at any time). So it's FREE to try for 30 days.
This app uses the Apple subscription service under which subscriptions are automatically renewed. You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period.
You cannot cancel a subscription during the active subscription period but you can turn off auto-renewal from your iTunes account settings. For more information, please see the Apple support page, http://support.apple.com
Please note payment will be charged to your iTunes account and subscriptions are managed by Apple. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Have your edition automatically downloaded overnight, so it's available by 6am GMT. To get this feature, agree to receiving 'notifications' when prompted during the subscription process or turn them on from the Settings on your device. Press SETTINGS and in the menu column on the left you’ll see GENERAL. Tap this and in the right hand column look for BACKGROUND APP REFRESH. Tap this and scroll down until you see Mail Plus. Slide the button to the right of the Mail Plus app so that it appears green.
What's New in Version 5.3
• Now even easier to use the app. Tap the edge of a page to move from page-to-page. This means you no longer have to "swipe" your way through an issue (although you can continue to do that if you wish)
• iPad Pro – a fix for video which sometimes only plays the audio on the iPad Pro
• iOS10 – a number of fixes for the upcoming iOS10 update
• In case you missed them: recent app updates mean you can use Mail Plus on the iPhone; all of the iPad puzzles work in both portrait and landscape mode; and you get access to both the UK and Scottish edition of the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday.
Please let us know if you have any problems by contacting our Customer Services team: email@example.com
Some ongoing glitches.
Usually downloads automatically and quickly,as claimed.
However,since ios10 came in I sometimes get completely blank pages or the page won't scroll down to the bottom.
DM tells me there are no technical problems with the app(?!),so maybe it's all in my imagination.
They advised me to delete and reinstall,which I've done,but I'm still encountering the same faults on a daily(Mail) basis.
Makes using it a bit of a chore,unfortunately.
UPDATE 08 December:- I too had a warning that price on iTunes is rising to £12 but have successfully cancelled that subscription and now receive it directly from the DM for £8.99. No hassle involved,just go to the DM website and enroll. You'll still get it from iTunes for the rest of the month you've paid for but,the following day,all I had to do was open the app and sign in,using the password that the DM had asked me to create in advance.
Unfortunately though,I'm still getting the glitches mentioned above. Only started when I updated to ios10.
Still some bugs
The app is ok but there are still some bugs when reading the newspaper or playing some of the puzzles. Have reported before but was just told to delete and reinstall the app. That didn't fix it. Come you developers, it's not that hard to reproduce a fault and fix it especially when you've been given exact procedure to go through!
Brilliant...when it works
Just like having the actual paper, just on your iPad. Puzzles icon is excellent innovation, but wish ALL puzzles were there. Main drawback is that server frequently stops working preventing the download vid problem persists will have to cancel!
- Category: News
- Updated: 24 August 2016
- Version: 5.3
- Size: 20.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: dmg media ltd
- © Associated Newspapers Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Daily Mail Plus£9.99
- Daily Mail Plus£2.99
- Mail Plus - 03 November 2013£1.99
- Mail Plus - 13 October 2013£1.99
- Mail Plus - 02 February 2014£1.99
- Mail Plus - 09 February 2014£1.99
- Mail Plus - 09 March 2014£1.99
- Mail Plus - 19 January 2014£1.99
- Mail Plus - 04 January 2014£0.99
- Mail Plus - 01 February 2014£0.99