By dmg media ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MailOnline's iPhone app gives you everything you've come to expect and love from the world's largest English-language newspaper website, but with quick, easy and free access on your phone - accessible even when you're offline.
Feed your daily addiction with stories & photos from all our top Daily Mail channels: UK, US & World News, Celebrity & Showbiz, Sport, Femail, Science & Tech, Health, Money, Travel, and many more! See what everyone's talking about and download our app today.
• Over 15 Channels of must-read articles and photos - that's over 500+ original stories every day!
• Offline Mode: Pre-load stories & galleries to access when you're offline or without reception - great for commutes!
• Select a Location: Choose from UK, US or Rest of World to ensure you get the news most relevant to you.
• Express Yourself: Post your Comments on articles or Rate other user's comments that you like or dislike.
• Custom Settings: Select when data and images sync based on your preferred connection (Wi-Fi or 3G).
• Choose which Channels you want to sync and when. We recommend that you do a Wi-Fi sync at the beginning of your day so you have access all-day long, even without a connection.
If you have any trouble with the app or want to suggest new features and feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help.
What's New in Version 1.7.3
- Improvements and bug fixes
- Data consumption improved
Useful app but needs better features& maintenance
App is great for keeping upto date on the latest news (even though the literature can be excruciating).
However, the app is an absolute data hog and clogs up a device's storage quite quickly over time and the app needs a button to wipe the apps data to maintain storage capacity. It'd also be useful for this app to allow push notifications for "breaking news" articles like competitor apps utilise + the functionality of search that allows the user to search for specific articles with keywords, etc and the ability to look at past articles.
Room for improvement
For people complaining about ridiculous stories and journalism - that's the daily mail so if you don't like it you don't read it. Simple.
I wish they would make it so you could just see your own comments on an articles and any responses to them rather than having to scroll through hundreds of other comments. I'd also like to know how many green/red arrows you get on a comment rather than one overall number
Works well 60-70 percent of the time
It's a shame, as this is really a simple app, that it doesn't get as much attention paid to it from developers as some of the others out there. It could be a great little app but it's very buggy. Constantly having problems with it telling me it's up to date when I know it isn't or updating blank pages or updating itself when I'm not even connected to a network and then showing a blank page or telling me it's up to date but only some the images have loaded... Or or or or or.... It's exhausting sometimes.... Sort this out DM.
- Category: News
- Updated: 09 December 2013
- Version: 1.7.3
- Size: 24.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: dmg media ltd
- © Associated Newspapers Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.